Buyer/PlannerOperations | Texarkana, AR, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Smith-Blair, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Production Department Buyer/Planner responsible for the overall coordination of materials needed in the manufacturing of Smith-Blair products.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall coordination of materials needed in the manufacturing processes of departmental products.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of purchase orders and work orders within the Oracle ERP system.
- Work with multiple vendors on material deliveries to stay abreast of production schedules and to minimize material shortages.
- Maintains departmental supplier Kanban systems.
- Manages material consignment programs for major vendors.
- Continuously reviews optimal inventory levels to reduce excess inventories while maintaining effective service levels.
- Collaborates with the departmental supervisor to establish manufacturing production plan for customer orders in the departmental backlog.
- Establishes and communicates production lead times as needed to sales departments.
- Monitors and takes appropriate actions on Engineering Change Notices.
- Issue and dispatch open work orders expeditiously to shop floor in order to maintain production schedule.
- Work directly with department supervisor to resolve any late work orders and define schedule recovery.
- Review daily work order statuses and update work order due dates as necessary.
- Monitors discrepant materials affecting the production department.
- Works closely with the Quality Control department to keep current on material non-conformances.
- Must be capable of working as backup department supervisor when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Production/Inventory Control Manager.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Associate Degree or equivalent training in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering or similar discipline.
- Must have knowledge and/or familiarity with the purchasing and planning processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have good and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook and Excel
- Must have ERP systems experience (Oracle experience desired).
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light to moderate lifting (25-35 lbs.), office and industrial manufacturing environment.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, walk, reach, bend, kneel or stoop and move about the facility.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Manufacturing floor: work usually performed within manufacturing production lines, assembly lines, etc.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Work hours may keep individual after hours or be required to work weekends based on production demand and schedule.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.