Business Analyst – Product ManagementProduct Management | India, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Business Analyst – Product Management
(General benchmark overview of the position; 1-3 sentences.)
Assist more senior staff to implement a product marketing, pricing and sales strategy for one or more of the organization’s products/services to meet established sales or market share targets.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
(Describe benchmark key responsibilities in concise, comprehensive statements.)
- Collect, compile, verify, and analyze data on market trends, consumer behavior, and competitor activity to identify market opportunities for the product/service.
- Collect, compile, verify, and analyze data on product performance and customer feedback to identify product/service features that need to be changed to meet customer needs.
- Maintain records of sales volume, revenues, and advertising costs and analyze them against forecasts to identify areas where the sales performance of the product/service needs to be improved.
- Develop knowledge of the organization's products, services, and customers by working closely with more experienced brand/product managers.
(Manager to provide additional responsibilities that is more organization/BU specific.)
- Maintain monthly pricing performance reports.
- Track progress of business initiatives from pricing perspective.
- Identify opportunities to optimize sales and profitability through pricing strategies.
- Perform ad hoc pricing analysis support business initiatives.
(Job Function specific; simplified list with link to full description by Career Stage in MyHR.)
· Analysis & synthesis
· Inspiring accountability
· Continuous improvement mindset
· Leading people & teams (for people manager)
· Cross-boundary collaboration
· Market & product innovation
· Customer & market intelligence
· Market/product strategy & planning
· Developing capability (for people manager)
· Sales enhancement & execution
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field like business analytics, finance.
- 1-4 years of relevant experience in product management, pricing. Business analytics.
- Demonstrate excellent computer skills and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work in a global remote requirement