OPERATION OF DRY INSTALLED SUBMERSIBLE PUMPS
Flygt submersible pumps offer operational advantages in pump stations with dry installed pumps:
- Leakage free operation. There is no external shaft seal that can leak wastewater into the pump room.
- Flood-proof motor. If the pump room floods, the submersible pump keeps on working.
- Motors bigger than 10kW have built-in cooling that minimizes the power consumption of ventilation fans. Cooling is independent of the ambient air temperature.
- The service hatch gives good access to the pump suction side.
- A sturdy cast iron or steel pump stand
- 90° suction bend (up to DN 400) with service hatch
- The pump outlet direction can be rotated in steps or infinitely
For 10–100 kW midrange pumps, the supply includes the instruction drawing for the concrete stand.
Dry Installation vertical (T)
Vertical, permanent, dry pump installation. The submersible pump is installed in a dry pit, with flange connection to suction and discharge piping.