- Potable drinking water treatment
- Tertiary wastewater treatment
- Nutrient removal in water or wastewater
- Reverse osmosis membrane desalination pretreatment
- Water reuse
- Biological Active Filtration (BAF)
Water challenges addressed
- Aging infrastructure
- Harmful algal blooms
- Water scarcity
- Contaminants of emerging concern (pharmaceuticals, personal care products)
- Cryptosporidium and giardia
- Reduction of disinfection byproducts
- Taste and odor
Leopold engineers have been at the forefront of gravity media filtration since 1924. With more experience than anyone in the industry, we can help you analyze, evaluate and design all aspects of your complete filtration system.
Evaluate influent water qualities, including seasonal changes and demand requirements, and determine the best pretreatment options.
Select the best media characteristics, media quality, bed composition, bed depth and grain size distribution to match the filter configuration, influent quality, pretreatment processes and required filtrate effluent quality.
Determine optimal loading rates and best design configuration to meet site conditions and operational requirements.
Design the backwash process to restore original head loss, maintain solids storage capacity and maximize filter runs while minimizing power costs and wastewater generation.