Sustainability ManagerESH | Rye Brook, NY, United States
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. With its October 2016 acquisition of Sensus, Xylem added smart metering, network technologies and advanced data analytics for water, gas and electric utilities to its portfolio of solutions. The combined Company’s nearly 16,000 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2016 revenue of $3.8 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a sustainability manager. The Xylem Sustainability Manager will support efforts around environmental, social, governance and product sustainability. This individual will work with the V.P EHS and Sustainability and V.P. Global Public Affairs to drive Xylem’s sustainability strategy and Xylem businesses on how to develop relevant and meaningful strategies that engage our people and ensure the Company is a responsible member of the community. This role will support Xylem’s sustainability efforts in all areas of corporate, investor and internal sustainability reporting, including playing an integral role in the collection, analysis and sharing of sustainability-related metrics with internal and external stakeholders. The Sustainability Manager will interact with several functional areas such as, Product Development, Human Resources, Investor Relations, Finance and Legal as well as across all businesses within Xylem.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to support and evaluate project positioning and green technologies that can easily change/differentiate the offering.
- Participate in the development and delivery of sustainability strategies, measuring impact, reporting, and engagingstakeholders, identifying community strategies and measuring results.
- Drive sustainability initiatives across throughout the company by developing and implementing internal instructions.
- Serve as an organizational and cultural change agent for sustainability, working together with multiple functions to drive Xylem’s sustainability brand internally. Design mechanisms for internal, global employee engagement and mobilizing external stakeholders.
- Facilitate Materiality Process with businesses to inform business strategies and sustainability commitments.
- Benchmark, synthesize, and communicate internally trends and insights from external sources.
- Manage company sustainability reporting process (GRI) and investor and customer surveys (CDP, DJSI, NASDAQ, MSCI, ISS, CEO Water Mandate)
- Monitor and track CSR-related laws, regulations, and trends/best practices relevant to the business; prepare briefing reports as needed.
- Support the development of the annual Sustainability Report in line with the GRI, UN Global Compact and CEO Water Mandate.
- Maintain template presentation library, images, and media files in an organized fashion.
- Identify and prioritize stakeholder questionnaires and surveys. Contribute to the development and review of Xylem responses to surveys from investors, suppliers and NGOs such as the CarbonDisclosure Project (CDP)
- Proactively report on Xylem success stories in the areas of sustainability to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage customer and investor inquiries and category surveys such as CDP, CEO Water Mandate, DJSO, NASDAQ, MSCI, ISS, etc.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of sustainability reporting frameworks, providing an assessment and review of Xylem reporting in comparison to these existing and emerging frameworks.
- Draft accurate content and facilitate the collection of information and review of the report, with internal subject matter experts, ensuring the quality and timeliness of written materials.
- Maintain organized and thorough tracking of sources, feedback and approvals from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the day-to-day relationship with external auditors/reviewers of data for annual sustainability report
- Serve as administrator of the sustainability data collection. This includes, but is not limited to: maintaining data integrity, overseeing preparations for audit and reporting, proactively identifying opportunities to optimize performance and incorporate enhanced, streamlined tools for data collection.
- Effectively and accurately collect, analyze and report on audit-ready CSR metrics.
- Synthesize trends, research and benchmarking information into reports and graphs with excellent attention to detail; develop case studies built on solid metrics; help identify opportunities to improve or scale solutions.
- Create compelling, evidence based written and visual summaries of sustainability performance for both internal and external audiences, including dashboards, scorecards, slide decks and reports.
- Work with cross-functional business partners to refine data collection methodologies, continuously improve, and proactively integrate sustainability metrics throughout Xylem.
- Education - bachelor’s degree in engineering, sustainability, or related field and at minimum of 5 years related experience
- Prior experience in an environmentally focused sustainability role is preferred, but not required
- Experience in dispersed global workforce environment
- Experience and familiarity with sustainability and ESG reporting highly desirable
- Strong Quantitative and Analytical Skills – ability to visualize, gather information, articulate, analyze, solve complex problems and make conclusions
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- An energetic, efficient, and resourceful team player and individual contributor
- Strong interpersonal skills, superior intellect, and an outstanding ability to communicate using these qualities and skills
- Planning/Organizing - uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks
- Detail oriented and accurate - minimizes mistakes, follows every step in a process and follows through with all tasks
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; demonstrates presentation skills
- Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Computer Skills - Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and ability and willingness to learn new systems.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Travel: minimal