Stockroom ForepersonOperations | Lubbock, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Stockroom Foreperson. This position is responsible for maintaining daily OTP on Component parts shipments. Utilization of Lean Six Sigma tools to improve the work flow of specified Stockroom area of responsibility while working closely with other area Leads to share and flex resources as required to meet production requirements. The ability to change schedules, priorities and the immediate response to customer needs is vital to the continued growth and success of our operation.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Ensure customer shipments are inspected prior to loading to increase customer satisfaction.
- Comply with all safety practices, policies, general housekeeping, and established environmental guidelines for Xylem-AWS-TTO.
- Review employee performances based upon established guidelines and timelines.
- Maintain accurate paperwork flow from the time the order is received until the order is shipped and all paperwork and documentation is accurate.
- Monitor time and attendance daily and manage OT. Document and record time for payroll reporting purposes. Have employees sign individual employee calendars monthly for documentation purposes.
- Ensure 5S is standardized and visual for all employees. Ensure area has complete 5S coverage and is in complete compliance.
- Ensure employees have the tools and resources they need to work safely and effectively. Monitor and audit area for unsafe practices and conditions.
- Responsible for managing MDI boards in respective production areas.
- Schedule with Maintenance for area repairs, improvements and PM’s.
- Responsible for area productivity.
- Ensure the production schedule is being updated daily as work is being completed.
- Inventory: Order area floor stock; work with Lx for accurate control of inventoried items; submit requisitions as needed; and ensure all inventory transactions and routing steps have been scanned for area.
- Maintenance: Ensure forklifts and tools are properly maintained; schedule with maintenance for repairs, improvements, and PM’s; verbally communicate with maintenance directly on emergency breakdowns; and inform manager of downtime related to machines/tooling.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma/GED plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a warehouse environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills required.
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Strong Inventory and Warehousing skills; Cycle Count experience
- Must be competent in material handling using forklifts and cranes.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all types and models of turbine pumps strongly preferred.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work in standing or sitting position 8+ hours/shift
- Considerable movement involving reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, and lifting
- Work requires close attention to lifting and handling of medium weight parts up to 35 lbs. Heavy parts raised to position with hoist
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Average shop conditions with some temperature variations due to seasons
- Subjected to noisy environment requires wearing of ear plugs.
- Work around and with electrical leads, electric motors & wiring
- Standard PPE required: safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes with toe and metatarsal guards, gloves and work uniform
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.