Sr. Territory ManagerSales | Columbus, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus USA seeks to hire a Senior Territory Manager as a member of our sales team, the incumbent will be responsible for account development and sale of Sensus AMI / electric products targeting utilities in the municipal and cooperative marketplace; developing and cultivating key relationships within the specific target market; ongoing development and support of all distributors in the Region for electric meter and AMI sales; strategic direction for the team which will involve Sensus Management, Marketing, Engineering and Technical Support.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Outbound direct solution sales to electric utilities
- Engage, develop, win, negotiate, and close new utility contracts for Sensus.
- Achieve and exceed target revenue quota quarterly and annually
- Responsible for attracting new utility customers to Sensus.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS degree or equivalent experience (a Radio Frequency, Electrical Engineering degree is major plus)
- Minimum of five years of successful sales experience in electric utility metering and/or the electronics, or RF device industries
- Time management skills; verbal, written and presentation skills
- Detailed sales and distribution management experience
- Ability and desire to travel approximately 60%
- Proven track record of achieving and surpassing committed sales results
- Experience with effective use of Miller Heiman selling process
- Travel, computer work, demos, occasional lifting of less than 25 pounds,
This position is remote, virtual/home-based work environment requiring travel by air and automobile to various states within the sales territory
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Occasional lifting of less than 25 pounds,
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 60-75%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.