Sr. Sourcing ManagerOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The position is responsible to coordinate and manage the strategic procurement process for assigned categories to ensure the cost-effective acquisition of goods and services. These activities include, but are not limited to, the execution of procurement strategies, bid process and negotiations, team-based supplier selection and development, contract management and early sourcing involvement in New Product Introduction process. Tactical oversight of procurement and order management is key in terms of executing the desired operations build plan on time and in full.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- In alignment with Global Procurement ensuring cost-effective results and ethical procurement practices. Accountable to ensure project timelines are met; critical project tasks are properly aligned with internal and external resources; and the accuracy and timeliness of project milestones are consistently kept up-to-date.
- Identify major savings opportunities and develop action plans by analyzing current-state category sourcing strategies and develop action plans to achieve those goals while meeting customers and local requirements/standard
- Negotiate competitive total landed cost based on policy and targets given by Global Procurement and leadership. Drive saving projects in collaboration with Global Procurement.
- Continuously gather and maintain pertinent key supplier and market intelligence for assigned categories, such as financial performance, business activities, negotiation history, cost drivers, and supplier performance in order to support effective decision making, negotiation planning and execution while reducing overall risk to the supply chain.
- Oversight of the tactical buyers, ensuring we are driving high nineties On Time Delivery from our supply base to ensure we can execute our build plan in the factory as needed
- Responsible for ownerhisp and managing the execution of projects ensuring quality and on-time delivery.
- Constantly monitor project deliverables and effectively communicate with stakeholders.
- Analyze category market attributes (e.g., number of suppliers, competitiveness, logistics, technology, criticality, market complexity, etc.) and recommend local sourcing initiaitves to ensure uninterrupted supply to the manufacturing operation.
- Act as a center of excellence for assigned categories through a thorough understanding of industry, competition, key players, future technologies and innovations.
- Effectively execute the supplier performance evaluation and development process with key stakeholders.
- Negotiate, develop, and manage supply agreements for assigned categories.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify, plan, and execute continuous improvement opportunities to decrease total cost of ownership.
- Work with local procurement and operations to implement and monitor inventory policies for assigned categories.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum of a BS or BA degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations M CPSM, CPM or CSCP certification highly desired.
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in a Supply Management organization performing strategic category/commodity management, supplier relationship management, contract management, negotiating complex purchases, and bidding (RFQ/RFP).
- Prior experience working in a matrix environment - strong ability to successfully lead, persuade and influence all levels of personnel (including senior leadership) across the organization.
- Experience with industrial and mechanical categories (e.g., Castings, Machining, metal Fabrications, Motors, Pumps and Contract Manufacturing) highly desired.
- Passion for Supply Management as well as a strong drive and ambition to identify and initiate year-over-year improvements. Proven strategic category or commodity management with demonstrated cost reduction and supply base rationalization experience.
- Green Belt / Black Belt / Lean / Six Sigma or other Continuous Training a plus.
- Excellent facilitation and analytical skills; interpersonal skills, team building and conflict resolution experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in project management software (e.g., Microsoft Office Project, etc.)
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Occasional lifting of no more than 35 lbs.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Up to 10% domestic and some regional, international travel (Xylem sites, Supplier visits for Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s) and supply chain risk mitigation activities)
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours