Sales Operations Business Partner (Water Utilities)Sales | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: The Sales Operations Business Partner role is responsible for providing analysis, support and commercial insight to ensure seamless coordination, communication and exchange of information between the sales, marketing and finance functions in the ACT. This role will link the various division functions by facilitating process standardization, analysis, and identifying best practices. This role will also assist in the tracking, evaluating and reporting of vertical-specific KPIs, providing clear visibility to risks and opportunities to ensure that the vertical delivers annual volume goals and market share. As a Sales Operations Business Partner, your duties will range from providing guidance about market trends, to predictive analysis, strategic pricing analysis, target setting, forecasting, KPIs, reporting, to developing resources and tracking long term sales data for your specified vertical.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; and analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; and projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Create KPI's and sales methodologies for standard work.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- A key person that links the functional departments (sales, marketing and finance with the Field Sales team on process standardization, planning, analysis, best practices, and facilitating risk and opportunity discussions.
- Consults with leadership and Finance team and has impact on Sales ranging by monitoring, tracking, analyzing, and troubleshooting on sales activity for the vertical
- Interact and partner with end users, channel partners and sales force in the field to have fundamental understanding of the business and market
- To strategize, develop, analyze, and review with key stakeholders; package and communicate overall sales performance to vertical leadership..
- Manage the development of continuously-evolving forecast models and methodologies, budget processes and owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team, customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services.
- Manage the monthly cadence of business reporting for the business segments.
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts that can be easily accessed and used proactively for actual and forward looking data.
- Manage one to two specialty areas which could include pricing, sales incentives, training and CRM.
- Supports the assignment of sales targets and ensuring allocation to all sales channels and resources to ensure channel management excellence.
- Manage the pipeline in the CRM to ensure usage and ability to leverage data. Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Assist Sales Managers in all aspects of evaluating their teams’ performance.
- Applying a continuous improvement mindset, Identifies reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drives timely resolutions.
- To standardize and streamline business practices, tools, resources, and communications within Field Sales Team; lead projects to improve top line sales.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.
- Identify geographical strengths and weaknesses in certain offerings and manage communication to the appropriate Sales Leaders.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical discipline like Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Statistics, or Computer Science with an MBA preferred.
- 3+ years experience in commercial analytics
- 3+ years experience working in the field of sales management, marketing or engineering.
- Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
- Analysis of market and competitive data and application of insights to drive sales.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization.
- Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations
- Proficient in databases including Customer Relationship Management databases.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Previous supervisory experience
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting, office environment
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 30 pounds.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Administrative - computer and telephone usage. Operation of basic office equipment and machinery; such as, fax machines, copiers and printers.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.