RF Capacity EngineerEngineering | Covington, LA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a RF Capacity Engineer. The RF Capacity Engineer is responsible for overall capacity design of existing and future SmartGrid networks. This individual will identify capacity requirements for new network services / features and identify new methodologies / tools to better predict capacity needs. Seeks total customer satisfaction through completing requests for analyses on time. Solicits input from Sales, Marketing, and RF Engineers while working with other functional groups in an effort of developing and improving current process.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting capacity analysis on Aloha networks for SmartGrid networks throughout all Sensus markets
- Analyzes sales input about customers’ networks to meet current and future needs
- Has technological understanding of Company's wireless network parameters and KPIs related to capacity
- Leads and/or participates in inter-departmental related projects defining or refining processes and procedures as well as companywide standards related to capacity
- Evaluates new technologies into RF network tools for capacity benefits
- Supports investigating and providing solutions for RF Capacity problem areas
- Understand capacity related metrics to ensure that capacity is proactively met at all times per company guidelines
- Provides additional analysis to assist RF engineers
- Responsible for adjusting capacity related parameters and making sure that all performance metrics are satisfied
- Matlab skills required to continue development of current tools
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-7 years of related experience
- Experience using RF propagation and planning tools such as Planet or ATOLL
- Understanding of database management, running queries and SQL
- Knowledge of tools such as Matlab, MapInfo and MS Excel
- Ability to communicate network complexity to both technical and non-technical individuals
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.