Regional Sales ManagerSales | Middletown, CT, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The HYPACK North America Regional Sales Manager serves as the HYPACK Sales Manager for North America, part of the Global HYPACK Sales Team. Responsibilities include regional management of direct and indirect sales of HYPACK software, products, and services, including DREDGEPACK®, HYSWEEP®, and HYPACK® in primarily the hydrographic surveying and dredging segments. In the role of Regional Sales Manager, provides oversight of all North American sales, seminars, tradeshow participation, marketing plans, customer orders and order processes, reporting to, and supported by, the Director of Product and Sales.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- North American Region Sales Representation
- Region management of direct and indirect sales of HYPACK software, products, and services, including DREDGEPACK®, HYSWEEP®, and HYPACK® in primarily the hydrographic surveying and dredging segments; serves as account manager for North America customers; reviews budgets, plans for meeting sales goals, develops and maintains region forecasts, and sales reports metrics.
- Manage HYPACK North America reseller and OEMs, including agreements, goals, and metrics to achieve company objectives.
- Translate complex customer requirements into appropriate proposals and quotations; and manage the resulting projects such that HYPACK can successfully deliver these to meet customer expectations.
- Sales Fulfillment
- Manage all orders for North America; understand and oversee all order processes for software, software maintenance plans, equipment, training and services.
- Work with Sales, Support, Fulfillment, and Finance to ensure all sales expectations are met; product and/or service descriptions are quoted, complete and on time, and all orders are received complete.
- Ensure all orders and sales meet or exceed company standards.
- Coordinate with Marketing for participation in HYPACK conference events, HYPACK training courses and sales seminars in North America.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Education: Bachelor degree in Science, or equivalent.
- Five year work history in technical sales, as part of a sales team.
- Experience with SAP, Salesforce, other customer relationship management (CRM) or enterprise resource planning (ERP) software.
- Project management related to survey or dredge operations
- Strong communications skills; excellent interpersonal skills; the abilities to ask questions and think critically.
- Must show attention to detail and dedication to excellent customer outcomes.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 25-50%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.