Quality EngineerOperations | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Develop and maintain a system to assure that all products manufactured meet customer specifications and achieve superior quality and reliability levels, in accordance with all regulatory and quality systems requirements, including ISO-9000 and FDA/medical device standards.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Deploy wide variety of tools and methods to identify quality issues, conduct root cause analysis, implement corrective action, and create methods for quality issue prevention throughout lifecycle of all products.
- Develop and maintain a system to assure that all products manufactured meet customer specifications and achieve superior quality and reliability levels, in accordance with all regulatory and quality systems requirements, including ISO-9000 and FDA/medical device standards.
- Work with Operations team to address and resolve quality problems; ensure appropriate training, processes and equipment are in place for all manufactured products.
- Work with customer and technical support teams to quickly identify and resolve emerging product issues in the field.
- Work with R&D team to advise on past problem history, design product validation test requirements, and assess conformance of new products to their specifications and customer requirements.
- Analyze data, create and implement project plans to reduce warranty and other quality issues.
- Maintain YSI corrective action system to assure resolution of all issues and customer complaints including internal and external audit findings.
- Work with Supply Chain Team to maintain a system to assure that only high-quality suppliers are retained, which includes site visits and assessment of supplier capability.
- Maintain quality system to assure compliance with ISO-9001, ISO-14001, FDA and medical device standards.
- Participate on new product teams
- Participate in YSI regulatory and customer audits.
- Review and approve drawings, processes, and engineering changes from QA perspective
- Serve on Material Review Board
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or other technical field. Associate’s degree in same fields may be considered if experience is complementary and appropriate.
- 2 + years’ experience working as a Quality Engineer or Quality Technician in manufacturing environment
- At least one of these certifications is highly desirable: CQT, CCT, CQE, or CRE
- Formal education in statistical analysis, precision measurement/metrology, and process capability
- Knowledge of ISO standards including audits and preparation
- PC literate; proficient with Microsoft programs, especially Excel and Word; able to gain proficiency with Oracle database
- Japanese manufacturing background desirable
- Experience with machining, molding, electronics, circuit board manufacturing, and/or chemistry is a plus
- Analytical thinking – able to identify problems early and determine resolution
- Demonstrated disciplined engineering practices
- Able to bring projects to completion
- Willingness and ability to listen effectively to understand problems and ideas conveyed by non-technical personnel
- Willingness and ability to convey technical information and work procedures to non-technical personnel
- Able to be productive in an unstructured environment
- Self-starter – takes initiative to create and implement plans
- Professional image projection to customers, sales partners, and vendors
- Strong organizational and writing ability
- Ability to make decisions and take a realistic approach to continually moving forward
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Limited Travel <20%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.