Pump Mechanic/ AssemblerOperations | Pewaukee, WI, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Pump Mechanic/Assembler for our 2nd shift. Responsibilities will include assembling pumps, disassembling pumps, hydrostatic testing of pumps, performance testing of pumps, receiving and stocking inventory, pulling orders for both pump and parts orders, part identification, assembling parts orders, prepping and painting orders and final packaging for shipment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Pump and parts order assembly
- Pump disassembly and repair
- Pump hydrostatic and performance testing
- Receiving and stocking inventory
- Prepping and painting of pump and parts orders
- Packaging and shipment of pump and parts orders
- Follow all safety protocols
- Other Duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school diploma or equivalent; prefer at least two years of mechanical assembly experience.
- Knowledge of rotating equipment a plus
- Ability to build product from manuals and assembly instructions
- Ability to adapt to varying work schedules and assignments, learning to satisfactorily complete a variety of job duties
- Ability to operate a fork-lift truck and other lifting devices.
- basic computer skills – MRP/ERP systems for receiving, inventory look up, and shipping; Basic computer navigation for online trainings, daily time recording, and email
- Blueprint reading, measurement tool reading
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to obtain DOT medical card
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull and move about the facility
- Walk or stand at least 8+ hours per day
- Ability to climb ladders, lift and carry heavy loads, perform manual labor
- Ability to work in areas involving heights, enclosed spaces, and near or above water
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Shop: Work with material handling equipment, hand tools, daily exposure to shop elements.
- Outside: Loading & unloading trucks year around.
- Travel: Opportunity to travel to install sites if interested.
EOE including disability and veteran