Project managerEngineering | Cegled, Hungary, Hungary
Xylem is a leading water technology company committed to "solving water" by creating innovative and smart technology solutions to meet the world's water, wastewater and energy needs Xylem’s well-known global brands have served the water market for many decades with products sold in more than 150 countries. The Company's more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Xylem does business with more than 40 market-leading product brands.
XYLEM Service Hungary Kft. is looking for a new colleague for the following position:
Project Manager - Value Analysis/Value Engineering
Under the general supervision of the PMO Manager this position will be responsible for initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing VAVE/OEM projects which requires the formulation and implementation of complete and coherent project plans, coordination of multifunctional teams, customers and effective communication to key stakeholders, utilizing project management tools and the stage & gate process.
- Manages projects or project segments which require complete and coherent project plans to ensure meeting project timelines and deliverables. Establishes major milestones such as preliminary reviews, resource requirements, critical reviews and other schedule goals. Establishes and implements project plans in compliance with customers’ needs, specifications, performance requirements, costs and schedules. Is responsible for meeting all assigned objectives of the project.
- Monitors all project activities to ensure compliance with customers’ needs, product specifications, performance requirements, schedules and cost commitments. Identifies existing problems or potential risks in terms of schedule, budget, etc., and works with affected departments and or vendors in resolving or avoiding them.
- Responsible for reporting to senior management, as appropriate, all significant developments with regard to project performance costs and deliverables. Provides status reports as specified and required.
- Work on very complex projects because of the tight timing, many different people and functions involved and stressing deadlines with frequent direct contact with final customers.
- Responsible for cost performance of assigned projects/tasks to assure that fiscal objectives are achieved
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Requires 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Requires considerable knowledge of project planning and control methods and procedures as well as basic skills outlined above. Prefer previous Microsoft Project experience.
- Familiarity with and good working knowledge of systems, pumps, motors, electronic controls and/or valve and associated manufacturing activities is a plus.
- As this position could involve travel to other locations domestically and/or internationally, prospective candidate should be flexible to travel as the project requires, but not to exceed 25% of his or her time.
- Good communication skill
- Shall in a professional way represent Xylem Europe and always act in accordance to Xylem Code of Conduct.
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capable of working in a team environment involving multiple cultures.
- Willing and flexible to accept new challenges.
- Ability to travel as requested, however maximum 30%
- Driven and with target focus.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to HR department
for the following e-mail address: email@example.com