Solutions Architect - ITInformation Technology | South Bend, IN, United States
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
EmNet, a Xylem brand, is a technology solutions company, hyper-focused on the use of big data, artificial intelligence, and the Internet of things to implement Intelligent Urban Watershed™ solutions for municipal sewer systems. Founded in 2004 as a University of Notre Dame research start-up, today EmNet has over 20 municipal clients throughout the United States, including some of the largest cities in the country. This year EmNet joined Xylem’s Advanced Infrastructure Analytics, a conglomerate of intelligent water technologists seeking to disrupt the status quo and drastically advance the water industry.
EmNet’s mission is to help municipalities save money and save the planet by dynamically managing water and wastewater networks. Cutting edge technology and sewers are rarely coupled together in the same sentence, unless you work at EmNet - here it’s the norm.
The Role: EmNet, a Xylem company, seeks a talented and dynamic IT professional to join its technical team. You will work side-by-side with our full-time engineers to develop and fortify our industry leading water analytics platform, BLU-X™. You will upgrade, consolidate, and leverage automation to improve and deploy SaaS, on-premise and hybrid solutions to solve metro-wide water problems for our clients. As part of a multi-faceted and multi-disciplinary team, you will be expected to participate at all levels: from internal network setup to client strategy discussions; and across multiple disciplines: from IT infrastructure to system hydraulics.
- Strategize the continued development of the IT infrastructure. Clarifies requirements and plans regular upgrades of our Infrastructure. Verifies a robust architecture, technologies and components that support our enterprise backup and recovery solution.
- Participate in EmNet projects by designing the architecture of on-premise, hosted or hybrid BLU-X integration with our client’s IT infrastructure.
- Provides infrastructure support to service developments and product lifecycle, joins in the support of hardware configuration and architecture models. Assesses the feasibility of new infrastructure. solutions and provides alternatives including cloud migration strategies.
- Optimize, maintain, and develop EmNet’s BLU-X server and cloud architecture. Performs analysis and evaluates current services for migration into new technology areas. Assesses suitability of solutions to determine requirements for capacity, improvements, or new enhancements.
- Optimize, maintain, and develop EmNet’s BLU-X data stores. Conducts in depth database monitoring and performance analysis.
- Optimize and maintain various BLU-X software implementations
- Actively participate in the development of BLU-X software development by providing expertise in IT infrastructure and data management.
- Experience with IT architecture strategy
- Experience with Cloud-based solutions deployments (must: AWS, plus: Azure)
- Database maintenance and optimization experience (must: MySQL, MongoDB, plus: InfluxDB)
- Operating Systems (must have experience with both Linux and Windows)
- Be willing to sporadically work off-hours and weekends as needed to support the infrastructure or perform upgrades.
- At least 8 years related experience
It would be awesome if you:
- Are interested in water or environmental problems
- Have experience working with startup teams
- Have experience with programming applications for web services
- Have knowledge in various Scripting tools like Python or Bash.
- Are experienced with SQL commands and scripting
- Are experienced with MongoDB commands and scripting
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours