Customer Support SpecialistOperations | Auburn, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Customer Support Specialist adds value to our products through superior customer service in quotations, order entry, follow-up, and order expediting process for our pumps/parts business while developing a close supportive relationship with customers, Territory Managers, Market Development Managers and Regional Managers Sales Team.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Receives order input and ascertains product specification, clarifies customer order language condensing where possible.
- Edits customer orders and assigns codes for statistical tabulation and commodity identification.
- Assigns method of shipment, tag information and product pricing.
- Communicates with customers through verbal, written and personal contact concerning delivery issues and complaints such as material shortages, incorrect shipments, lost material, incorrect pricing and product availability.
- Interfaces with necessary departments to effect solutions.
- Generates inter-departmental inquiries regarding availability of delinquent product and requests to expedite.
- Handles and process customer complaints and determine requirements to resolve them.
- Follows up on Warranty related matters by keeping a close track of documentation and status updates.
- Understand the catalog and products so proper actions can be taken to meet customer requirements.
- Participate in special projects to create best practices, improve processes, create training tools or to support Xylem initiatives as determined.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS or BA in Statistics, Finance, Business Administration or Marketing related field
- MS Office Suite proficiency
- Effective verbal/written communication skills. Phone etiquette
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and time management
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment, welcoming change and growth
- Ability to process a high volume of transactions with proficiency, accuracy and integrity
- Strong commitment to working with a team, providing excellent customer service and maintaining professionalism
- Demonstrated quantitative, analytical and problem solving background
- Ability to drive change and meet deliverables.
- 2+ years of Customer Service exposure
- Knowledge of business operating systems i.e. SAP or ERP system
- Customer service experience in a technical product line, B2B ideally
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.