Credit Manager- Middle East & TurkeyFinance | Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Main duties are:
· Responsible for the supervision of Credit team and the efficient delegation of tasks.
· Prompt action on overdue balances including maintenance, distribution and follow up of Disputes Register with Sales staff.
· Responsible for the administration of Credit Policy and regular reviews of customer credit limits.
· Investigates, assesses and authorizes / seeks authorization for new credit applications and increases in credit limits, attempting at all times, to minimize the risk to which Xylem Australia is exposed. In particular, needs to work closely with Contracts and Projects Managers as large orders tend to involve the greatest risk.
· Drives collection strategy to ensure timely follow up with customers for payment.
· Provides functional support to the Finance Director, and informational support to other functional managers and staff on finance related matters.
· Prepares monthly financial reports and submissions for the local management and Xylem HQ.
· Regular reviews of new orders to ensure timely application for increases in credit limits.
· Other duties as required/determined to assist the functionality of the department.
· Liaise with internal staff for resolution of issues in a timely manner.
· Investigate any credit balances on customer accounts and arrange refund when necessary.
· Reconciliation of customer accounts when required.
· Other duties as required/determined to assist the functionality of the credit team.
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in a credit control capacity is required in the Middle East in a manufacturing industry , combined with experience in the financial aspects of contracts and experience managing teams is mandatory
- Experience with a mid size to large ERP system is essential
- Experience at using Microsoft Office at an intermediate level
- Must be an excellent communicator, capable of being assertive, yet also tactful and diplomatic.
- Must be results orientated, with high level problem solving and time management skills.