CNC MachinistOperations | Lubbock, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a NC Machine Operator – First Shift. This position will set up and operate multi-purpose numerical control machines on any combination of machining operations such as milling, drilling, reaming, and cutting metal pieces to specifications.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Review set-up sheets and specifications to determine sequence of set-up operation and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool in machine spindles according to directions using machinist hand tools or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazine.
- May adjust machine speed and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic program is faulty or if machine malfunctions.
- Observe machine operation and verifies accuracy of machine work piece against blueprints or engineering drawings to measuring cuts to micrometer, dial indicators, and gauges.
- Support all safety and 5S requirements related to this position.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED plus training as an NC Machine Operator. Experience required.
- Ability to read complicated drawings, layouts, method sheets and specifications.
- Knowledge of shop mathematics and use formulas, plus thorough knowledge of all basic machine operations, methods and setups.
- Should also be familiar with cutting quality of various metals, grinding and setting of tools according to metal characteristics
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work in standing position 10 hours/shift
- Considerable arm movement
- Work requires close attention to lifting and handling of medium weight parts up to 35 lbs. Heavy parts raised to position with chain hoist
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Average shop conditions with some temperature variations due to seasons
- Subjected to noisy environment requires wearing of ear plugs.
- Standard PPE required: safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes with toe and metatarsal guards, gloves and work uniform
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.