Class B Driver IIOperations | Houston, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Godwin, a Xylem brand, offers a broad product line of fully automatic self-priming pumps used in temporary and permanent applications. With a full range of diesel and electric pumps available to purchase or rent, Godwin pumps are used for dewatering and liquids transfer in mining, constructions, municipal and industrial projects around the world.
The Role: Godwin, a Xylem brand seeks to hire a CDL Driver to be responsible for the delivery and set up of Godwin pumping equipment in a safe, efficient and professional manner at the customer job sites. The Driver will also be responsible for the pickup of equipment from the customer job site at the end of the contract rental period, and for recording those transactions accurately on Godwin Rental Contracts and Sales paperwork. When not engaged in driving responsibilities, the CDL Driver will assist in the yard or perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist yard and field personnel in loading and unloading trucks with Godwin pumping equipment.
- Secure all items loaded on the truck for safe over-the-road travel in accordance with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA) Federal Department of Transportation, and local Department of Transportation guidelines.
- Review all items to be delivered (or picked up) with customer to ensure completeness and accuracy. Obtain customer’s signature on Godwin Rental Contract paperwork.
- Maintain presence of all required driver (licenses, medical cards, etc.) documents at all times.
- Maintain log books with entries for driving, on-duty, etc. in accordance with DOT guidelines.
- Maintain mileage and fuel logs as required.
- Perform daily visual inspections of Godwin delivery equipment and documenting any items in need of service.
- Comply with all Godwin and customer safety requirements.
- Maintain communication with Dispatch at all times as to location, estimated arrival/departure times, and any potential issues.
- Assist in the set-up of Godwin pumping equipment as necessary.
- Assist customer with start-up instructions as needed or requested.
- Available for rotating on-call schedule for off-hours emergency driving assignments.
- Assist as needed in preparing rental equipment for dispatch and ensuring yard is organized and maintained.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- One to two years’ experience in the construction industry preferred
- Class B Commercial License Required; Class A Commercial License preferred
- Experience with flatbed trailers and proper load securement techniques (chaining, strapping, etc.)
- Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions
- Aptitude for basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Ability to read a map
- Ability to complete basic mechanical tasks
- Ability to operate a commercial vehicle in accordance with Commercial Class license for extended periods of time, in all weather conditions, on back roads, 2 lane highways, major highways, interstates (including tunnels and bridges), through towns, municipalities, cities, and customer job sites.
- Valid state issued Commercial Driver License
- Acceptable driving record
- Current Department of Transportation medical card
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds)
- Considerable standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting, twisting, kneeling, climbing
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Continual exposure to all outdoor weather conditions
- Exposure to noise and fumes generated from motorized equipment
- Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company.
EOE including disability and veteran