Buyer/PlannerOperations | Dubois, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Buyer/Planner, as a member of the Materials team in the Gas Operations Group, the Buyer/Planner manufacturing support as part of the Materials Planning team. Responsibilities: Plan and schedule materials from various sources to meet production, logistics and inventory goals, as well as quality, safety and cost objectives. Work with Operations team to maximize revenue and EBITDA realization, while also maximizing internal and external customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Plan, Procure and Schedule all materials assigned to ensure on-time delivery to Sensus customers, for both unit and service parts demand, while focusing on budgeted EBITDA goal attainment.
- Collaborate cross functionally with Engineering, Customer Service, QA and other areas, as required to support business and customer requirements.
- Provide inventory analysis and valuation projections to the management team, as required
- Evaluate, Adjust and Maintain the data and functionality of MRP in Sensus’s ERP system (including purchase order maintenance, shop order maintenance, MRP set-up maintenance and inventory analysis and correction)
- Assist the Materials Manager, Supervision and Warehouse team in root cause analysis and correction of inventory inaccuracies
- Assist in the design, implementation and control of consignment, VMI and Kanban programs
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS in Business Administration, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent work experience is desired
- 3-5 years of industry and/or operational experience is preferred
- APICS CPIM certification is preferred
- Training and experience in Lean, Six Sigma and other process and product improvement principles is desired
- Ability to clearly communicate and resolve business and personnel issues – employing win-win methods
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools, Engineering Change management (ECR/ECN) and ERP system principles
- Ability to lead and motivate cross functional teams
- Understand and apply problem solving skills to seek continuous improvement in work processes and demonstrated track record of results
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10% or less
EOE including disability and veteran