BuyerOperations | Pewaukee, WI, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: Flygt A-C Pump, a Xylem Brand manufacturing some of the world’s largest pumps, seeks to hire a Buyer or Sr. Buyer to work at the Pewaukee, WI location. This position will be responsible to place purchase orders for major commodities including sand castings, fabrications and machining. This position will drive continuous improvements internally and with suppliers while maintaining good vendor relationships.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Purchases machine services, motors, castings, forgings, fabrications/machine parts and electrical components.
- Prepares purchase orders and monitors inventory requirements.
- Assists with selection of qualified vendors and monitors their performance for quality, delivery and cost.
- Maintains vendor relationship and metrics while driving continuous improvement efforts.
- Utilizes total cost analysis to evaluate supply chain options.
- Works closely with the Production Scheduler to enable accurate forecasting and delivery schedules.
- Understand commodities/markets to ensure competitive prices.
- Collaborates with all departments to ensure on-time delivery.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and at least five years of related experience in similar industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with ERP systems is a must.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment and maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Effective communication and problem solving skills are essential.
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Be able to travel as needed on occasion.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.