Business Development Manager- Western IndiaBusiness Development | Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
POSITION DATA SPECIFICATION
Business Development Manager- West India
6 Dec 2018
Xylem Water Solutions India
Business Development Manager will be responsible for building client relationship, lead generation, opportunities development, qualification and sales closures in assigned geographies. The person will be leading customer relationships for the complete lifecycle of business opportunities from identification, proposal, delivery to operations/maintenance.
Regional Business Development Leader should exhibit entrepreneurial behavior and strong business ethics with stakeholders and customers.
- Regional Business Development Leader- Western India, Location: Mumbai(Thane), Pune
- Business Development: Lead Business development, account mining and new customer acquisition efforts in assigned geographies. Drive Urban & Municipal business(including Smart Cities, AMRUT), Smart Business Parks & Industrial Corridors, Smart Village, Clean India, Housing for All, Make in India business for Xylem in assigned geography.
- Deal Qualification: Responsible for the initial qualification involving new and/or emerging business opportunities.
- Deal Validation: Work with Xylem extended teams and customer to quickly determine if an opportunity should be developed, transferred to another ecosystem partner, or formally closed out as an invalid business opportunity.
- Client Relationships: Responsible for creating and building relationships that will result in additional revenue and revenue opportunity within the geography. Interact with and influence CXO-level officers, top bureaucrats and decision-makers.
- Ecosystem Partnerships: Strategize and work with other team members to build and expand ecosystem of partners including Infrastructure companies, PPP partners, SIs, Consultants etc
- Sales Closures: Achieving revenue targets set for assigned geographies.
- End to End Opportunity ownership: Own the business opportunity and client relationship from lead generation, proposal, sales closure, delivery and operations/maintenance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent. MBA will be preferred.
- At least 8+ years experience in Leading Business Development Efforts for Government, Enterprises, Smart Cities, Infrastructure, real estate and public sector business.
- Exposure and detailed understanding of Sales to Government (National, State and Local)
- Must have handled Government / Enterprise sales especially Urban Local Bodies / Municipal Corporations, for at least 3 years in the current assignment.
- Knowledge of smart cities domains like Smart Water & Waste Water Management, Smart Energy Management, Smart Metering- Energy/Water/Gas, Intelligent Transport System, Environmental Monitoring and Public Safety and Security.
- Knowledge of IoT/M2M, Security, ICT Applications, SCADA, Smart Grid, Smart Metering and hosting environment(Cloud/Data Centers).
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Proven leadership, organization, and planning skills
- Exceptional organizational, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively, professionally and ethically.
- Ability to work independently while responding to changing business conditions.
- Travel 50-75%. Candidate must be willing to travel extensively in India on short notice.
- Candidate must be willing to attend customer meetings if needed on weekends.