Automation and Control EngineerEngineering | Eastern Creek, Australia, Australia
Could you help us solve water?
Xylem is the leading technology provider in the water industry with the vision of solving our world's most critical water challenges. We are committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training and development and a safety culture.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and innovative Automation and Control Engineer to deliver on Xylem’s promise of quality and customer satisfaction by effectively coordinating the execution of projects in a variety of industry sectors including Municipal, Food & Beverage, Mining & Metals, Construction and general industry. Based in Sydney and reporting to the Engineering & Design Manager, you will be responsible for automation and control, supporting Xylem’s tendering and project delivery teams.
- Development and construction of PLC / HMI / SCADA programming code for full automation of water and wastewater treatment systems, or packages therein
- Perform bench tests and prepare site testing and commissioning procedures
- Perform site commissioning and implementation of both proprietary control systems as well as developed code. Completing site test reports and troubleshooting problems.
- Provides technical training for End Users and Xylem Service Technicians
- Prepare handover to Xylem Service Technicians and support them on aftermarket activates if required.
- Complies with Xylem’s Environmental Health and Safety and Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
- Typical projects include standard package plant and turnkey water and wastewater treatment plants incorporating Xylem’s comprehensive product range. Project values typically range from $100K to $3million.
Skills and experience required
- Automation and control engineering background with a minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in industrial automation
- Experience in the water and wastewater industry.
- Multiple PLC programming software required – Rockwell, Siemens, Omron, and Schneider. Familiar with all IEC 61131-3 programming languages, especially:
- Ladder Logic
- Structured Text
- Instruction List
- HMI - Rockwell, Siemens, Omron, Schneider, Redlion.
- SCADA – Citect, Indusoft, Factory Talk View.
- Network configuration – Profibus, Profinet, Modbus TCP, Ethernet IP.
- Instrumentation setup up and calibration procedures.
- PC Skills (Microsoft Office Applications).
- Must be able to read electrical schematics.
- Full Australian electrical license not required but is an advantage.
- The ability to travel approximately 50% of your time to local and remote interstate customer sites.
If you meet the above criteria and are a motivated self-starter who thrives in an autonomous work environment, apply now and join us on our journey to Solve Water!