Assistant Product ManagerProduct Management | Lubbock, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Assistant Product Manager for its vertical turbine pump product portfolio. As a member of the Engineering and Product Management Team, the Assistant Product Manager will be responsible for driving projects and initiatives which maximize the sales growth and profitability of the vertical turbine product portfolio. The Assistant Product Manager will work with field sales to understand the needs and desires of the customer in order to provide input to product strategies and customer-facing commercial tools. The role includes a strong emphasis in providing commercial specifications for Xylem Online (XOL), Xylem’s select-configure-price-quote (SCPQ) software for vertical turbine products. In addition, the role will provide vertical turbine centric inputs to the next generation, Xylem wide SCPQ software.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve user satisfaction in Xylem Online (XOL) configure-price-quote (CPQ) software.
- Research business related issues and/or needs through interactions with internal and external XOL users and provide recommendations for XOL improvements.
- Create technical and detail-oriented enhancements requirements for development team on how XOL should operate to maximize customer and business satisfaction.
- Work with product support engineering and applications engineering groups to document best-practices and translate those best-practices into requirements that can be incorporated into XOL.
- Participate in the design, documentation, implementation and continuous improvement of XOL.
- Create test plans required to validate XOL improvements and ensure delivery of technical requirement specified.
- Create and provide XOL training, as necessary, to increase user knowledge and comfort with XOL.
- Develop key business metrics to measure and track XOL user satisfaction and adoption.
- Collaborate, cross functionally, with Xylem’s SCPQ team to ensure project delivery meets the needs of the vertical turbine team. Be the vertical turbine subject matter expert (SME) for the SCPQ team.
- Write business requirements documents for the SCPQ team to harmonize with other product needs. Define use cases/test cases/training for the new SCPQ initiative specifically for turbines
- Define use cases/test cases/training for the new SCPQ initiative specifically for turbines
- Develop relationships with the members of the SCPQ team.
- Lead the transition from XOL to new SCPQ tool for Turbines
- Provide trade show support and trade ad direction
- Provide training on product updates, overview, and product value proposition to customers, channel partners, and employees.
- Application Assistance and Attend Start-up’s when required.
- Travel with Territory Manager and Distributor Personnel to Train and help grow Product Sales.
- Assist Marketing in defining new Markets and Product Opportunities.
- Oversee product development introductions. Ensure performance to planned timelines and budgets.
- Develop support materials for product marketing requirements.
- Become product site wide expert in ERPlx, the sites the enterprise resource planning (ERP) tool.
- Facilitate improvement of electronic ordering system for static part numbers.
- Assist in preparing and updating Product Plan Documents.
- Preparation of price sheets.
- Undertake significant assignments as project leader which involve new product development and/or redesign including target release dates, marketing and training.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- S. in Engineering, Business, MIS or CS, or relevant concentration with 3 years of experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of technical experience with vertical turbine products required, Xylem vertical turbine products preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Solves moderate-to-complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices.
- Develop and maintain a safe and well organized workplace and ensure that all Best Practices and safety initiatives are followed.
- Strong short-term project management skills required.
- Ability to work with ambiguity.
- Ability to take a leadership role in group meetings and projects.
- Should have the ability to interface well with others and to direct, and take direction from others, as required.
- Must be knowledgeable in MS Office applications
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirement
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.