Assistant ControllerFinance | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Assistant Controller. This role will support the ACT in delivering timely and accurate financial reporting. Duties include but are not limited month and quarter-end close support, various accounting related activities, Sarbanes Oxley internal control execution, internal and external audit support, account reconciliations and financial reporting and consolidations.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Monthly closing cycle:
- Support the monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting close processes and preparation of Financial Statements in accordance with US GAAP for ~ $2B business.
- Prepare reports, various financial analyses and other internal control related activity to ensure that financial information is accurate and prepared in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist with Financial Statements/Reporting preparation and review to ensure completeness and accuracy of results as loaded into OneStream.
Internal Control Environment:
- Responsible for performing various financial control activities and financial reviews to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and compliance with laws and regulations.
Recurring Accounting Activities:
- Perform regional consolidation activities, such as interco profit eliminations.
- Support business uniting accounting leaders with recurring accounting activities.
- Work with units to ensure accounting, reporting and control processes are adequate to properly account for complex accounting transactions such as revenue recognition, leases, capital spending and taxes.
- Administer capital expense authorization process and track related project spending.
- Maintain certain finance information in ERP systems to ensure accurate reporting (i.e. standard cost updates, list prices, FX tables, etc.).
- Review balance sheet accounts reconciliations to ensure they are reconciled per requirements (timeliness, frequency, quality) Identify process improvement opportunities in accounting function and work with business unit finance leaders to improve and standardize accounting and reporting processes. Coordinate with internal & external audit to ensure audit requests are addressed timely
- Assist in the development and implementation of new accounting policies and procedures as required. Submission of appropriate reports as required. Liaise with and support Finance, HR, IT and other functions within the region with SOX issues. To support colleagues in the Company, in particular across Regional and departmental boundaries to ensure that the Company’s goals are achieved. Provide cover where required during any period of absence. Comply fully with Xylem’s ethics and standard policies. Responsible for the achievement of annual PFP goals. Must work within established Company policies and procedures. Responsible for talent development for direct reports High level financial responsibility for the Region High potential risk for damages or losses
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or financial/accounting with 10 years of business experience.
- CPA is required.
- Must have a strong knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Must be able to travel internationally.
- Requires demonstrated skill in written and oral communications and interview skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and HFM skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated the ability to engage business process owners in a direct yet professional manner, thoroughly evaluate business processes, and quickly identify potential control gaps, and implement solutions successfully.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Mix of public accounting and publically traded company experience
- Proven analytical ability
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and personal interaction skills required.
- Computer Skills (ERP System, Hyperion, Oracle, STEEB preferred)
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company. (Less than 5%)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.