Assembler/Crater/PainterOperations | Lubbock, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Assembler, Painter, and Crater. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the functions listed below
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assemble turbine pumps of some complexity.
- Read and interpret formal orders and bills of materials.
- Work from assembly drawings and layouts.
- Use hand power tools to do miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Fabricate wooden crates and skids for pumps and components.
- Mark crates per the order instructions.
- Check orders for completeness.
- Provide weights and dimensions to the export coordinator.
- Paint pumps using standard and special paints.
- Support and comply with all safety and 5S requirements related to the position.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma/GED plus 1-2 years of shop related experience.
- Should be able to read complex drawings and diagrams, use scale, calipers and other measuring instruments.
- Use shop arithmetic. Should have general knowledge of complete range of pumps made at the operation.
- Minimum of 12 months experience in assembly, testing, painting, & crating is needed and must be competent in material handling using forklifts and cranes.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work in standing position 10 hours/shift
- Considerable arm movement and walking required; bending and stooping
- Work requires close attention to lifting and handling of medium weight parts up to 35 lbs. Heavy parts raised to position with chain hoist
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Average shop conditions with some temperature variations due to seasons
- Subjected to noisy environment requires wearing of ear plugs.
- Work around and with electrical leads, electric motors & wiring
- Standard PPE required: safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes with toe and metatarsal guards, gloves and work uniform
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.