AssemblerManufacturing | Dubois, PA, United States
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire full time Assemblers for their DuBois, PA location. As a member of the Manufacturing team, successful candidates will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that operational initiatives are met.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assemble and test meters and regulators
- Perform as a member of the team to support On-Time_Delivery of jobs through shop
- Perform a wide variety of electronic or mechanical assembly operations
- Follow the work instructions and sequence of operations
- Work safely
- Keep work and surrounding areas clean and orderly
- Maintain and operate tools, equipment and machinery in accordance with EH&S and shop policies
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Participate as needed in 5S projects and safety meetings
- Assist in performing inventory counts as directed
- Perform all other tasks, as directed
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Highly Preferred high school education or GED
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Lifting (5-40 lbs.) manufacturing environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manufacturing environment
- 40 plus hours per week, mandatory overtime as required.
EOE including disability and veteran