Assembler, Painter, Crater - 2nd ShiftOperations | Lubbock, TX, United States
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Assembler, Painter, and Crater second shift (nights). The ideal candidate will be responsible for the functions listed below.
- Assemble turbine pumps of some complexity.
- Read and interpret formal orders and BOM's.
- Work from assembly drawings and layouts.
- Use hand power tools
- Fabricate wooden crates & skids for pumps and components.
- Mark crates per the order instructions.
- Check orders for accuracy.
- Provide wt's and dims to the export coordinator.
- Paint pumps using standard & special paints.
- Support and comply with all safety and 5S requirements of the position.
- Perform other misc duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED plus 1 year of shop related experience.
- Should be able to read complex drawings and diagrams, use scale, calipers and other measuring instruments.
- Use shop arithmetic. Should have general knowledge of complete range of pumps made at the operation.
- Minimum of 12 months experience in assembly, testing, painting, & crating is needed and must be competent in material handling using forklifts and cranes is preferred.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Heavy lifting up to 50 pounds
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about work site. Use of power tools.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Outdoor work environment, exposure to various elements
- Must be able to work Monday - Saturday ( hours can flex ranging from 5:00am to 5:00pm)
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
EOE including disability and veteran