Assembler - Day ShiftOperations | Dubois, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire full time Assemblers for their DuBois, PA location. As a member of the Manufacturing team, successful candidates will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that operational initiatives are met. These roles will work day shift (6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) on a 2-2-3 schedule.
- 2-2-3 Schedule (12 hour shifts)
- Day Shift: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Starting Wage: $13.00/hour plus day shift differential $0.75/hour
- Paid-Time-Off: vacation and 12 holidays per year
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision
- Retirement with core contribution, company match, and immediate 100% vesting
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assemble and test meters and regulators
- Perform as a member of the team to support On-Time-Delivery of jobs through shop
- Perform a wide variety of electronic or mechanical assembly operations
- Follow the work instructions and sequence of operations
- Work safely
- Keep work and surrounding areas clean and orderly
- Maintain and operate tools, equipment and machinery in accordance with EH&S and shop policies
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Participate as needed in 5S projects and safety meetings
- Assist in performing inventory counts as directed
- Perform all other tasks, as directed
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Highly Preferred high school education or GED
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting (5-40 lbs.) manufacturing environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manufacturing environment
- 40 plus hours per week, mandatory overtime as required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.