Area Sales Manager Marine EMEASales | Hoddesdon, UK, United Kingdom
Xylem Inc. is a leading global water technology provider enabling customers to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in public utility, residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural settings.
We are searching for a driven Area Sales Manager with good interpersonal and business development skills, to develop and manage sales to distribution channels and direct OEMs for Specialty Flow Control (SFC) products in the European leisure marine market.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Within assigned areas develop the medium term sales strategy for development and expansion of sales in the Marine segment
- Collaborate with existing channel partners, in the leisure marine segment regarding increasing sales, identifying new areas for business, sharing success stories
- Improve channel partner management through initiatives such as reactivation of “sleeping” channel partners with respect to segment
- Analyze distribution and industry trends, recommend new channels and channel partners in growth areas, help with the setup, change management and successful launch of new channel partners
- Visit channel partners and influence existing sales force as required to ensure success of existing and new channels developed
- Leverage existing OEM growth strategy processes and success stories to build the case for new partnerships and win new business.
- Review existing non direct OEM customers where they may need to now be direct accounts.
- Deliver effective presentations, education and customer intimacy initiatives as required to channel partners to help them improve their business and to help Specialty Flow Control win more business from competitors (compelling seminars, demonstrations and other education that conveys technically complex material in an easy to understand way and engages partners with our product and brand).
- Represent the company and its values in its relationship with channel partners and other stakeholders at all times.
- Bring Voice of Customer information, and key competitor information back to the Specialty Flow Control management teams to enable continuous improvement activities and drive growth.
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Sales strategy & planning
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Customer Responsiveness & intimacy
- Strong leisure marine market knowledge
- Managing change
- Inspiring accountability
- Sales execution
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Marine market knowledge (leisure marine)
- Experience in sales to international distributors and OEMs
- Able to understand and explain Engineered products
- Ability to develop relationships at multi levels within our customer base and across different cultures in EMEA
- Business development experience
- Self-sufficiency and initiative
- Degree level education or equivalent experience, in fields such as Sales and Marketing
- Fluent written and spoken English
- A second language is desirable but not essential
- Outstanding customer service
- Sales Leadership
- Planning and execution capabilities
- Motivated & sales driven mindset
- Regular international travel