Area Sales EngineerSales Support | Samutprakam, Thailand, Thailand
Area Application Engineer
Application Engineer for Transport & Dewatering
Technical support to outside sales team (Transport & Dewatering)
Reports to (Solid):
Area Sales Manager /Thailand
Reports to (Dotted):
Transport & Dewatering
The Area Application Engineer supports external and internal customers with sales & technical knowledge related to Transport & Dewatering products
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
(Describe benchmark key responsibilities in concise, comprehensive statements.)
- Fully responsible for technical support to outside customers as well as outside sales team
- Prepare quotations and technical submittals and update related project logs
- Screening and managing the order entry process with Singapore’s team and ensuring the orders are properly registered
- Review all order acknowledgements to ensure accuracy then sending to customer
- Handling Transport & Dewatering pumps selections and analysis to support outside sales team
- Produce reports for quotes and orders with hit rates
- Supporting customers with trouble shooting and problem resolutions
(Manager to provide additional responsibilities that is more organization/BU specific.)
- Provide training to outside customers once engineering updates or required from customers
- Support sales team for company seminar and exhibition.
(Job Function specific; simplified list with link to full description by Career Stage in MyHR.)
- External: Provide technical support and products knowledge to outside customers
- Internal: Prepare quotations and technical submittals for outside sales team, Reports to Area Manager
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Industrial Engineering (Or related field)
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years overall experience in pump industry in technical / Project Applications Engineering field
- PC proficiency
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent technical knowledge and analytical skills related to our products
- Excellent team player with positive attitude
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and program
Additional preferences for a specific position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light physical daily activity with occasional moderates related to site areas
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Indoor office / Site environment
- Occasional overnight travel
Standard weekly job hours:
- 40 HRS (08.00 – 17.00 HRS. for 5 Days)
- Travel in up-country to support technical and product training to outside customer
- Travel to abroad for company technical and product training as assigned
Other local requirement:
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or require that other tasks be performed as required by the business or job circumstances. (for example, but not limited to, personnel changes, technical developments, business needs, etc).
Additional Required Information for Job Evaluation:
Organization Chart (manager to attach):
- Position Scope:
- Financial responsibility : Correct price quote.
- Organizational accountability : Assistance to co-employees and customers; works collaboratively with the team members to achieve team objectives.
- Decision making authorities : Full on technical.
- Operational impact : N/A
Overtime Eligibility: Y/N
Salary Range (provided by Compensation):
35,000 to 40,000 Baht