Area Manager Sales KeralaSales | India, India
POSITION DATA SPECIFICATION
Area Sales Manager - South
Xylem Water Solutions India Private Limited, Chennai
Regional Head Sales - South
POSITION SUMMARY (Summary of the scope of responsibilities)
The ideal candidate should have progressively responsible experience in the sales of tangible
solutions on pumping systems in the market of HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Fighting. This role will
ensure business development for Xylem in the new geography & market segment.
Goals and Objectives: Several bullet points for setting performance objectives.
- Develop business for Xylem in the assigned territory.
- Achieving annual/ quarterly sales targets assigned for self and channel partners.
- Ensuring approval of Xylem brand with MEP consultants and spec-in of Xylem products in tenders.
- Increasing the geographical reach in the assigned territory.
- Identifying new channel partners.
- Manage and develop the sales & service engineering team of channel partner.
A) List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance.
• Responding to requests for product information & quotation.
• Extensive sales calls and technical discussions with consultants, contractors & end clients.
• Working with distribution network and support them on pricing & technical presentation.
• Developing quotes for product configurations.
• Market intelligence of competitors and their movement.
• Processing orders of key accounts.
• Providing technical assistance to channel partners.
• Interfacing with Application Engineering Dept. in support of non-standard client needs.
• 30-60-90 sales strategy review with the supervisor.
• Sales report & Offer/Order bank submission.
• Mapping key account strategy and Networking.
• Develop skills on HVAC, Fire, Plumbing, Water & waste Water treatment.
• Cross functional team working.
• Organize local presentation, seminar, and product launch in collaboration with marketing team.
• Timely collection of payments & C forms
Part 2. Describe the Person
A) Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience).
(1) Key technical skills and knowledge.
• If Master in Engineering (In any Field) then experience of 8 to 10 Years
• If Bachelor in Engineering (In any Field) then experience of 12 to 15 Years)
(2) Performance Measures/ KPIs
• Knowledge on pumps and pumping system.
• HVAC/ Plumbing/ Fire/ OEM Market knowledge
• Negotiation and convincing skill set.
• Presentable with fluency in verbal /written English
B) Describe the most important Leadership competencies required of the individual. (5-8 competencies
from VBLD, TOP 3 are mandatory competencies)
(1) Include the competencies identified for the position that differentiate superior performance.
• Customer focus.
• Strategic business perspective.
• Business acumen
• Effective communication
• Build relationships
• Respect & Responsibility
(2) Job fit highlight: the factors within the job that certain employees may find particularly satisfying or dissatisfying. Such as, heavy volume of paper work, travel into dangerous countries, opportunities to work with all kinds of people.
• Extensive travelling
• Cross value center sales opportunities