Applications SpecialistEngineering | Guelph, ON, Canada
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: This position is accountable to interpret customer requirements and coordinate solution of product application problems with customer and representatives. Act as a project manager for purchased orders. Perform liaison with Manufacturing for product modifications.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Interpret customer's technical specifications, drawings and instructions.
- Prepare Submittal Drawings for approval.
- Collaborate closely with sales representatives to meet customer requirements and delivery expectations
- Prepare quotations for standard and non-standard products and/or development contracts.
- Act as a project manager for purchased orders and maintina customer communiciaiton.
- Answer technical inquiries relating to product capabilities and non-technical questions such as parts selection and maintenance.
- Review industry literature, attend trade shows and maintain contact with industry technical and professional groups to maintain current knowledge of applications of product line and competition activity.
- Prepare priced proposals.
- Provide delivery information.
- Coordinate the modification of standard equipment to customer requirements with Customer Service, Manufacturing and US plants.
- Assemble technical information in support of product applications, training and installation and operation manuals.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Two or three year college diploma in an Engineering program (Mechanical Engineering/Technology or Chemical Engineering/Technology preferred). Certified Engineering Technologist desgination is an asset. (C.E.T.)
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar position and environment.
- Detailed technical knowledge of Xylem products, design and manufacturing capabilities and thorough knowledge of pricing policies and procedures.
- Excellent computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project, working knowledge of BPCS and Xylem application software is an asset.
- Possesses strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to demonstrate courtesy and tact when dealing with customers and co-workers. Customer/Client Focus
- Time Management
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Communication Proficiency
- Core cross-boundary collaboration
- Technical Capacity
- Core inspiring accountability
- Customer solution orientation
- Problem solving/Analysis
- General technical knowledge of pump types and their applications and components; electric motors; fluid flow in open and closed systems; and materials of manufacture.
Identifiable competencies that must be demonstrated by an employee to be considered competent in their role.
- Competency 1 – Carefully reviews and checks the accuracy of information in work reports (e.g., production, sales, financial performance) provided by management, management information systems, or other individuals and groups.
- Competency 2 – Takes personal action to develop skills and technical knowledge needed for effectiveness in current or future job
- Competency 3 - Promptly notifies manager about any problems that affect ability to accomplish planned work
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Long periods for sitting, answering phone calls, working at a computer, infrequent ability to move around
- Dealing with unhappy or angry customers
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours