Application Software Product ManagerProduct Management | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire an Applications Software Product Manager to help define and grow software solutions. This position will be responsible for taking market requirements and working closely with development to deliver solutions and enhancements to the market, and managing the solution through its life cycle; which includes coordinating with engineering, planning, procurement, sales and finance to assure cost targets, product availability and profitability. The successful candidate will have the ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced, fluid environment. This individual will have experience interacting with clients and envisioning the best user experience for them. They will work directly with Sensus engineering to insure the requirements and user stories are met and the solutions are released.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment working with a diverse array of colleagues and stakeholders to develop a shared, customer-centered vision for integrated utility software solutions.
- Strong customer focus
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Drive product direction, manage the long term roadmap and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Conduct competitive market analysis
- Develop business case, product pricing and positioning strategies
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Support tradeshows, user conferences and sales enablement efforts as required (in the US and internationally)
- Collect market feedback on product and services and prioritized backlogs for software solutions
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes and assures products are developed accordingly.
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market by guiding development from conception to launch: work day-to-day with multiple, distributed development teams to oversee the flow of technical work, including participating in routine Agile meetings (standups, sprint planning, etc.)
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness, understanding and product knowledge transfer to both internal and external stakeholders
- Drive product launches including working with marketing communication team, executives, and other product management team members
- Partner on Continuous Improvement efforts
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 8 + years of experience working in a fast-paced business environment working with software and solution requirements and products
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software management, development and web technologies
- Integration of applications & cloud based server-side deployments preferred
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Agile Methodology software development experience required
- Familiarity and/or experience with user research (foundational/discovery methodologies, usability studies, persona development, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at working collaboratively and effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Strong problem solving skills
- High degree of confidence and experienced presenter
- Experience in the electric, water and/or gas industries or using software solutions aimed at utilities is a plus
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.