Application EngineerEngineering | Plant –Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Part 1. Describe the Position
POSITION SUMMARY (Summary of the scope of responsibilities)
Application / Proposal / Tendering Engineers are the primary technical resource for the front end team. They are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the bid process. Working in collaboration with the front end team as the key technical advisor and product advocate, the Application Engineer must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical aspects to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. The Application Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle internally & externally for smooth execution of bid. An application engineer assist in managing and coordinating the functions, necessary to assure the transition of offered products from the development phase to the production/performance phase and to assure contract compliance in the production of product.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (Details of the Job Responsibilities)
Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application. Facilitate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Provide design and specification development support to consultants, integrators, and distributors. Respond to functional and technical elements of Design inputs and purchase requisitions. Provide product pricing to front end team based on the design inputs. Listen, understand and convey customer requirements. Perform technical/ product training for sales people, estimators, and engineers at targeted accounts. Assist in the design and development of new products and tools necessary to make target accounts comfortable and successful at selling products & solutions. Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in company approved databases. Travel to project sites to preform start-up, integration, and training services if necessary.
Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives. Maintain professional business relationships within target accounts. Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects. Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth
ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES (Details of minimum requirements)
- Minimum Professional/educational qualification and experience:
- Graduate in mechanical engineering with 2-4 years Industrial experience.
- Computer literacy.
- Minimum 2 years with MNC exposure in Mechanical Industries with experience in the application engineering, design, development, analysis of centrifugal pump & rotating machinery.
- Read mechanical and electrical blueprints and have a solid understanding of basic electrical and mechanical control systems
- Important competencies required
- Good written and communication skills in English.
- Innovative, ability to work in a team
- Result oriented, self-motivated
- Can able to work as part of a cross-functional team in product development.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Stamina and Adaptability
- Ability to handle multiple projects, high volume activity and establish priorities in a changing environment.
- Pressure handling capacity.
- Long hours of work.
- Available for travel 25%
- Required Knowledge
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures about mechanical design aspects, application engineering, pump selection softwares.
- Knowledge about Drawing & drafting software’s such as Auto CAD etc. shall be an added advantage.
- Knowledge about international engineering codes & standards.
- Product / component costing
Reviewed and Approved By and Date: Noted By and Date:
Department Head: H R Department: