Aplications & Controls EngineerEngineering | Quenington, UK, United Kingdom
Applications & Controls Engineer
If different from the Position Title
Reports to (Solid):
Senior Applications Engineer
Reports to (Dotted):
Water Services Ltd
(General benchmark overview of the position; 1-3 sentences.)
The Applications & Control Engineer will expand the sale and rental of Godwin Dri-Prime® equipment by assisting the Dewatering Business Development Managers and the Commercial Sales Team, with equipment selection, pumping system design and troubleshooting technical issues. The engineer will specialize in giving more advanced support on the control systems used on a particular pumping application
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
(Describe benchmark key responsibilities in concise, comprehensive statements.)
- Provide technical support to sales for higher level applications. This will require knowledge of a wide range of technology, including electrical power and controls, diesel controls, piping, structural design, and hydraulic power.
- Become the specialist lead for advanced control system queries
- Perform hydraulic calculations to determine pump performance,
- Review product specifications to select pump related equipment,
- Troubleshoot performance issues with rental equipment, often on customer sites
- Answer technical questions for employees and customers,
- Provide assistance to field technicians during job startups, often on customer sites
- Play an active role in the safety culture of the company ensuring the safety of yourself and the safety of others that could be affected by your acts or omissions at all times,
- Highlight any safety concerns to the relevant person.
(Manager to provide additional responsibilities that is more organization/BU specific.)
(Job Function specific; simplified list with link to full description by Career Stage in MyHR.)
Click here to see detailed proficiency level by Job Function and Career Stage.
- External: Customers
- Internal: BDM’s and CT
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Bachelor Degree (Honors) in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Civil)
- Ideally will have 2 year or more experience in a related field; experience within construction, industrial, municipal or mining industries preferred.
Additional preferences for a specific position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to visit customer sites (often outdoors and on rough terrain) and perform basic maintenance and operational tasks on the Godwin brand products
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting
- Work on customer sites, usually outdoors on rough ground
Standard weekly job hours: 37
Travel requirement: Ability to travel frequently with little notice and for extended periods of time
Other local requirement:
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or require that other tasks be performed as required by the business or job circumstances. (for example, but not limited to, personnel changes, technical developments, business needs, etc).