AGM / Senior Manager – Commercial, Credit & CollectionsFinance | Plant –Vadodara, Gujarat, India
POSITION DATA SPECIFICATION
AGM/Sr Mgr – Commercial, Credit & Collections
Vadodara / Bangalore
Part 1. Describe the Position
(1) Job Purpose:
India business is picking up as alongwith Transport we see huge potential in Treatment and Smart City business. With Channel expansion happening as we move to Q4’18 we will need someone dedicated to support in Commercial, Credit & Collections Manager.
Responsibilities of this role include liasing with all Sales and Business Development Leaders and their teams to support them in driving the business growth. It also includes analysing performance of the Distributors and monitoring the rolled out Distributor policy.
Expectation is to drive and provide complete commercial finance leadership including liasing with Banks for Credit Insurance or Funding Agencies and working with Sales Leaders and operating teams on an ongoing basis.
In addition, this role also shall support the CFO and MD on various critical strategic initiatives including various financial modeling and come up with recommendations on business decisions.
(2) Goals and Objectives: Several bullet points for setting performance objectives.
A) List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance.
Credit & Collections
Part 2.Describe the Person
A)Minimum professional and educational background desired (include 8-10 years of experience).
(1) Key technical skills and knowledge.
- CA/CMA/MBA with approx 8-10 years of total experience with special focus on Commercial finance, Credit & Collections
- Experience in working & providing support to Commercial teams in the existing business environment
- Experience leading in a matrixed environment in an MNC
- Self-driven and ability to think out of the box & focused towards closure of the deals
- Strong in analytics with ability to clearly connect dots by linking the operational performance to the financial outcome
- Should have constant flair for industry updates, work on competition intelligence and market analysis, with good external focus
B) Describe the most important Leadership competencies required of the individual. (5-8 competencies are mandatory competencies)
- Clear thinking/result-oriented: led cross-functional projects on new processes/continuous improvement. Able to work in ambiguous situations, break the problems into logical segments and bring out solution to the larger issue
- Confidence / Assertiveness: confident to approach senior executives at local/HQ level and has strong influencing skills to drive various actions towards achieving the organization’s goals
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others.
- Excellent communication skills: prior experience working with people at various levels and from various functions within the organization with an ability to clearly communicate the financial challenges/outcomes of the business performance. Communication has to be clear, firm and succinct.
- Self-driven, highly energetic having an eye for the details
- Coach, mentor and develop the talent within the organization, not just in his/her team but also across the finance team, to be part of building a strong finance team for Xylem India
This role is an extremely crucial role since it will be working with Sales Teams on the journey of further growth. It requires positive attitude, self-driven so that he independently liases with Internal Senior Sales team and external agencies like Banks, Financial Institutions and Consultants to provide out of the box solution (if required) in order to move the business ahead. At the same time he/she also needs to adopt cautious approach as part of the Credit & Collections role. The highlight of this role is that it needs to help in driving the growth story and at the same time ensuring business interest is protected without taking any undue risk.