Aftermarket Territory Manager – TreatmentService Sales | Northeast, United States
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: The Aftermarket Territory Manager will be responsible for directly leading all Aftermarket sales, marketing, field service, and business development activities relative to the Treatment Aftermarket initiative. Proactively drive all Aftermarket opportunities across the defined region by soliciting and securing orders, all while establishing strong relationships and building customer intimacy. This role will fully support the Treatment products under the Xylem umbrella.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead all TotalCare activities within a defined territory, which is a comprehensive, proactive, and integrated portfolio of Aftermarket services that provides customers with solutions to achieve the lowest cost of equipment ownership.
- Seeking an aggressive and technically adept sales support, service professional to direct the Treatment Aftermarket Service initiative within Xylem’s installation footprint.
- This role will take a targeted approach to leverage penetration into all Treatment Aftermarket opportunities across the defined region.
- Proactively pursue business through the execution of system health checks(condition audits) within the Treatment installed base.
- Manage and conduct ride alongs and health checks with the Treatment representative network for securing orders regarding retrofits of pull through equipment opportunities to replace existing Xylem and competitor systems, parts replacement, service opportunities (preventative maintenance agreements, energy audits, operator training, system optimization, etc.), and sales of advance process controls (APC) equipment.
- Lead effort to derive strategy to attack competitor installations across defined territory.
- Conduct field training of sales representatives and service technicians for health checks as well as conducting ongoing competency training.
- Promote new products and services to increase Aftermarket sales revenue, aggressive solicitation of orders, customer inquiry, and quote follow-up, all while optimizing growth.
- Collaborate and indirectly manage customer facing activities (requests, complaints, etc.) with the respective sales management teams.
- Maintain and leverage the Treatment databases and develop communication plans for mapping specific site customer needs and requirements.
- Provide installation assistance for products to contractors, customers and OEM’s.
- Troubleshoot units and components of various systems.
- Disseminate service information and provide informal/hands-on training at customer’s locations.
- Record, collect and report on service and technical repairs problems.Also submit any special reports regarding the operation of the territory, acceptance of products, or competitive conditions as required.
- Operate in safe manner consistent with federal, state, corporate and local guidelines for the tasks assigned; including the proper wearing of Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Assist in product warranty determination.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- A. Technical Degree or equivalent work experience within Industrial, Water, or Wastewater industries. B.S. in Engineering or the Sciences is a plus but not required.
- Seven+ years of commercial sales, field service, business development,and/or related experience in the Industrial, Water, or Wastewater industries.
- Superior customer service, interpersonal, and presentation skills is a must.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving history.
- Thorough understanding of systems troubleshooting and the benefits of establishing solid service practices for the company and the customer.
- Treatment and/or rotating equipment experience is strongly preferred.
- General knowledge of control schematics, PLCs, and monitoring devices.
- Must possess the ability to professionally conduct technical writing that would be included in customer reports presented to the end-user and/or engineering communities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, along with databases including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms and/or Microsoft Access
- Knowledge of treatment equipment (a plus).
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Moderate physical demand and exposure to shop and field elements
- Must be able to provide, or establish, around the clock service to customers as required.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull, and move about the facility
- Walk or stand at least 6+ hours per day
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Administrative – computer and telephone usage. Microsoft Office and CRM essential. Operation of basic office equipment and machinery, such as fax machines, copiers, and printers.
- Shop/Job Site: Daily Exposure to warehouse/shop. Exposure to undesirable field elements at treatment plants or contractor sites.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Nationwide – Up to 50 to 60 percent travel.
EOE including disability and veteran