Aftermarket Sales RepresentativeSales | San Antonio, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Aftermarket Sales Representative. The position will be part of a passionate team that strives to provide consistent legendary customer service and to support overall company goals in relation to optimizing our commercial team, acting as One Company, and driving revenue and profitability. The Aftermarket Sales Representative will require strong interpersonal and communication skills in collaborating with external customers and interdepartmentally within Xylem.
- Develop technical depth and understanding of Xylem product and application knowledge
- Provide Aftermarket, replacement and retrofit product selections and conversion kits and develop related quotations as necessary
- Support to Treatment representatives and/or other external customers by providing pre through post-sales technical and commercial support with activities including: basic level Application Engineering support to external and internal customers with design and proposal of our systems and aftermarket solutions; specification review for the purposes of identifying and facilitating pre-bid needs; and related follow up work that includes product selection, solicitation of vendor quotes, and customer quotation development
- Fulfill project management for new jobs with a primary emphasis on more technically complex Transport projects and/or basic level Treatment projects, including a full range of support from oversight of schedule and communication with all related Xylem departments and external customer and may include creation of technical manuals, order execution and follow-up based on quotation, sales agreements, contract specifications which may include drawings and/or detailed information/qualifications from engineering firms
- Respond timely to internal and external customer inquiries (technical requests, order status/updates, product availability, pricing, etc.) and/or resolve customer issues and other requests for information and/or proactively notify customers about order status and other changes.
- Daily utilization of Customer Relationship Management (CRM), quotation and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools to input new data and maintain existing data to current status to support internal and external customer interactions and needs
- Conduct engineering/consulting firm, municipality and contractor touch calls as necessary to support outside sales by investigating potential opportunities and effectively communicate the value proposition of Xylem’s organizational support and product capabilities
- Participate in trade shows, engineering calls, jobsite startups & troubleshooting, and external customer product education as needed
- Lead or participate in special projects to create best practices, improve processes, create training tools or to support Xylem initiatives as determined and conduct related presentations or training sessions
- Provide support as requested for the education and training on software tools, product, process flow or general customer support to Technical Inside Sales or other inside sales support positions
- Create legendary customer service experiences for internal and external customers
- Handling in overflow from other sales support positions at local office or other locations as necessary, including but not limited to tasks such as technical support, quotations, phone handling, project technical manuals, and order fulfillment
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Five+ years of commercial sales, field service, business development, and/or related experience in the Industrial, Water, or Wastewater industries.
- Superior customer service, interpersonal, and presentation skills is a must.
- Thorough understanding of systems troubleshooting and the benefits of establishing solid service practices for the company and the customer.
- Treatment equipment experience is strongly preferred as this role will have a significant emphasis on Aeration and Biological Treatment products.
- General knowledge of control schematics, PLCs, and monitoring devices is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, along with databases including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms and/or Microsoft Access is strongly required.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Moderate physical demand and exposure to shop and field elements
- Must be able to provide, or establish, around the clock service to customers as required.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull, and move about the facility
- Walk or stand at least 6+ hours per day
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Administrative – computer and telephone usage. Microsoft Office and CRM essential. Operation of basic office equipment and machinery, such as fax machines, copiers, and printers.
- Shop/Job Site: Daily Exposure to warehouse/shop. Exposure to undesirable field elements at treatment plants or contractor sites.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Nationwide – Up to 50 to 60 percent travel.
EOE including disability and veteran