ACT Mobile TechnicianOperations | Indianapolis, IN, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: The position of Mobile Technician is responsible for trouble-shooting, service, repair and maintenance of Xylem products in a safe and efficient manner in a Xylem Service Center, customer job site or via phone.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot diesel engines, hydraulic systems, electrical systems and pump end issues and repair/rebuild as necessary using computerized diagnostic tools.
- Perform routine inspections, preventative maintenance and service various products as directed. Diagnose and report any damage to the Manager.
- Create an accurate and legible parts and repair list, manually or digitally, for assigned product. Review list of parts with Manager and obtain approval to continue with servicing and repair.
- Test all repaired equipment for proper operation and quality.
- Perform preventative maintenance on Company vehicles and shop support equipment as directed (air dryer, chain saws, lifts, etc.).
- Assist customer and/or Xylem personnel with setting up pumping systems on customer job sites as needed. Assist in the performance of start-up duties and ensure any problems are resolved.
- Train new service or other shop personnel and customers, as needed, in service and/or other related standard work.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following EHS&S guidelines, policies and best practices.
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation schedule to assist customers after hours.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification::
- High school diploma of equivalent required. Two-year technical training or equivalent preferred.
- Three to five years of experience and/or formal training or combination of education and training
- Three to five years of equipment maintenance experience in wastewater collection or treatment systems
- Experience with Tier 4 diesel engine repairs and maintenance preferred
- Medium voltage experience a plus (~4160V)
- Commercial driver license preferred (Class A or Class B)
- DOT Medical card preferred
- Certified electrician preferred
- Ability to diagnose complex mechanical and electrical issues
- Working knowledge and experience with diesel engine repairs and emission control systems
- Thorough understanding of the methods, materials, tools and techniques used in equipment repair and maintenance
- Advanced knowledge of DC electric and circuit testing
- Advanced knowledge of AC electric motors, up to 500v systems
- Advanced knowledge of 3-phase and single phase systems and motors
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision; self-motivated and self-directed
- Working knowledge of iPad and/or Tablet for PDF viewing
- Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools and lifting equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and managers both verbally and in writing
- Ability to demonstrate logical troubleshooting processes
- Ability to comfortably operate in virtual reality service scenarios
- Familiarity with engine diagnostic tools
- Familiarity with fluke meter and megger testing
- Basic understanding of pump station electrical controls and monitoring devices
- Knowledge of variable frequency drives (VFD) and/or soft start system
- Knowledge of SCADA controls and integration of MODBUS communication
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds)
- Full range of physical motions (standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting, twisting, kneeling, climbing) continually throughout 8 hours
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Shop environment: intermittent exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes all within limits of OSHA standards
- Manufacturing environment: may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials
- Extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime and on-call rotations)
- Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.