Account/Project ManagerProject Management | Basingstoke, UK, United Kingdom
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
The UK Water Project Manager is the prime interface on all project related items and has the responsibility of ensuring that Sensus’ contractual requirements are delivered on time and within budget. Any issues or risks will be highlighted to the UK Programme\Quality Manager for the appropriate corrective action to be taken.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for Sensus deliverables, including the monitoring and management of work delivered through Sensus USA and Sensus Germany.
- Ensure any hardware issues are raised through the appropriate channels, monitored and seen through to resolution.
- Direct Sensus resource working on the project and ensure their tasks are completed on time.
- Ensure the governance documentation is kept up to date on Sharepoint.
- Maintain project plans and manage progress against them, ensuring that the defined benefits are delivered.
- Ensure the reporting requirements are delivered accurately and on time.
- Ensure the project operates to the expected quality expectations of the customer.
- Manage the financial process and ensure payments are made on time.
- Manage the Change Control process.
- Develop and build strong personal relationships with all partners and customers.
- Prepare and host customer meetings and partner reviews.
- Work with designated third parties as part of the overall solution.
- Use negotiation skills to implement agreed solution’s to the benefit the project.
- Identify and develop opportunities to profitably expand the scope of the project and further customer/partner projects as they arise.
- Identify problems, risks, issues and dependencies (RAID) and manage them through to a successful conclusion with no adverse effect on the project.
- Highlight significant quality issues and help instigate the appropriate correction action and route cause analysis to resolve the issues.
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required from time-to time by the UK Programme\Quality Manager.
- Support and contribute to other projects as required by the UK Programme\Quality Manager.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the UK Programme\Quality Manager as required.
- Able to understand the broad principles of the IT and Telecoms technology used to implement a Smart Metering / Smart Grid solution.
- Excellent commercial account management experience required as this role will be customer facing - managing expectations, updates on project plans.
- Self-motivated with a strong ‘Can-do’ attitude to project management delivery and the ability to meet challenging deadlines.
- Resilient with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple work-streams and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Must be highly organized and adopt a structured working method but with the ability to react quickly to change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to build strong collaborative relationships across departmental boundaries.
- Cultural awareness and ability to adapt communication style when working with customers in different countries.
- A confident, positive and flexible leadership style, with the ability to network with a range of stakeholders and to work collaboratively with senior managers.
- Customer focused, enthusiastic and flexible with an ability to find solutions to problems.
- Demonstrate integrity and high level of ethical standards.
- High level of competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prince 2 is advantageous although not essential
- (For the right candidate we would be willing to support putting them through the Prince 2 training)
- Service Management experience (to interact and support the Service Management Team)
- Understanding of Prince methodology
- Understanding of ISO9001
- Knowledge of communications equipment
- Knowledge of SMART Metering systems