Accounting Manager - GBS/BPOFinance | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Manage the daily accounting, financial reporting and Sarbanes Oxley compliance operations for the Global Business Services (GBS) team, including managing the outsourced resources at Cognizant.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage and coach one Analyst/Accountant-level direct report responsible for performing the accounting activities related to the corporate general ledgers, intercompany allocations, account reconciliations, cash management applications and financial reporting using tools such as Oracle, Blackline, Catalyst, GEP Smart and OneStream.
- Partner with the proper Finance stakeholders to determine the appropriate accounting treatment and recording for any and all completed transactions including but not limited to intercompany pass through activity, including unapplied cash and dividends, restructuring, compensation plans, Canadian Environmental Reserves, tax related activities, project cost accounting and acquisitions and dispositions of companies,.
- Identify and implement opportunities to streamline and improve the efficiency of the GBS team’s reporting and accounting processes, and ensure that closing deadlines are maintained.
- Maintain control procedures in order to ensure complete and accurate recording of all accounting transactions noted above on headquarters ledgers. Along with maintaining the proper documentation to support the internal controls to be in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Act as a liaison between auditors for external, internal and Sarbanes Oxley audits (e.g. SEC audits and Tax Audits)
- Assist with setting and tracking the budget and actuals for the shared service entities.
- Oversee the development of staff members. Ensure they receive the necessary training (internal and external) to continue to perform and succeed within Xylem.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Degree in Accounting; CPA or MBA preferred but not required.
- 5 to 7+ years of relevant experience including experience working in a large global corporation.
- Strong anlaytical and financial reporting skills.
- Strong technical capability with Excel, as well as other Financial software such as Oracle, Blackline, GEP Smart and OneStream
- Ability to work with both a variety of management and staff levels.
- Able to set priorities and meet deadlines in a changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage staff along with managing individual responsibilities.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10% or less
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.