Account ManagerCustomer Operations | Farnborough, UK, United Kingdom
As an Account Manager you will be responsible for overseeing and monitoring the smooth running of client relationships reflected by promoting and supporting exceptional operational and administrative service delivery. You will be the primary customer point of contact for all contract matters through the lifetime of any contract, including monitoring service delivery and administrative performance. Promote the customer at all levels internally and work with heads of the service and admin delivery teams to ensure exceptional service is maintained and early warnings are given if signs of performance dips are apparent. Report on all financial delivery requirements to support the business performance including Work in Progress (WIP), billing and invoicing, contract and business profit and loss, ensuring plans are in place to ensure targets are achieved and business compliance.
The post holder will be required to ensure that the overall contract service is delivered in the most commercially advantageous manner
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Monitor all operational, customer experience and administrative tasks affecting any contract under your governance, providing advice, guidance and feedback where necessary to help improve performance across all areas of contracts.
- To ensure all service delivery and commercial requirements are understood and delivered in line with the contract, having a clear understanding of all aspects of each contract and account, advising of any gaps in the delivery of the contract, ensuring full compliance with the contract requirement.
- To work with Administrative, scheduling & Operation Managers in maintaining an excellent client relationship through regular weekly/monthly meetings at all levels
- Produce all required customer and internal reports on time, attend client meeting and provide feedback to all stakeholders working within the contracts.
- Develop internal and external KPI’s to monitor contract performance and support the achievement of client specific KPI’s and any internal business requirements.
- Presenting to the Customer Service Manager and Head of Contracts, at specific meetings, all aspects of contract performance, covering all financial and service delivery requirements.
- Monitoring all aspects of commercial costs within the account, and producing detailed analysis of specific areas of spend, including labour, materials, developing and implementing action and improvement plans to work with the accounting and operational teams to ensure this is delivered in line with the account targets set by the business.
- Produce and present contract budgets as set by the business, and ensuring monthly financial reports are monitored and measured in line with budgets, delivering any required changes to improve the financial targets set and to maximise the contract profitability.
- Ensure all billing & invoicing is completed in a timely manner as per the business & contractual timetable, including ownership and accountability for payments and cash flow of your accounts
- Participating in and adding value within the business continuous improvement criteria & meetings, championing specific areas or projects to enhance both internal and external service delivery
- Review all aspects of sub-contractor delivery within the contract and account, advise and implement any efficiencies and improvements in both service delivery and financial performance of each contract.
- Ensuring the effective pro-active monitoring and measurement of potential complaints across your contracts and ensuring that the complaints are managed through to a satisfactory resolution. Reviewing customer satisfaction data and implementing and maximizing any processes for capturing customer and resident feedback.
- Ensuring the effective support to client queries across your contracts and ensuring that you liaise with clients through to satisfactory resolution of queries.
- Carry out monthly 121’s and quarterly performance appraisals for direct line reporting staff and overseeing the appraisal process for other staff within your business unit.
- Monitor and assess the ongoing competency and development of all staff working within your assigned business unit.
- Assessing and proposing budgetary levels for resource requirements, including adequate provision for health and safety initiatives, within your accounts and contracts
- Produce and deliver a detailed contract development plan to maximise all opportunities to grow both the service delivery streams and financial growth for each contract.
- Arrange and produce an annual meeting schedule with all clients, managing all agenda items, minutes ensuring all reports and information are delivered within the required timescales
- Reviewing current and developing new methods of enhanced service delivery and efficient contract operation
- Monitor, manage and suggest improvements with the efficiency of communication between support functions and other business units.
- Deliver all personal and business objectives set
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the Customer Service Manager
- Assist the company in maintaining the highest possible standards of Health & Safety at Work and Quality, in accordance with current legislation and policies laid down by the company, including our code of conduct.
- Contract SLA’s & KPI’s
- Must work within the Xylem policies and procedures
Experience of managing and working to KPI's and Sla's
Educated to degree level and/or experienced in a similar role
Background in Services industry
Customer Service call centre experience
IOSH Certification is highly advantageous
Managing commercial aspects of a contract/business
Full driving licence
Excellent communication skills
Able to influence and develop people to obtain desired results
HR procedures and processes
Experience of managing client relationships
Experience of delivering service at an exceptional level.