Account Manager - Upper Mid-WestSales | Milwaukee, WI, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: This position is responsible for selling company products and services to customers in the assigned territory (MN, WI, ND, SD, IA and Canada) with a defined sales target quota. The selected candidate will represent the company to the customer in all sales and post-sale activities. Applies knowledge of products, pricing plans, competition, marketing objectives and sales skills to sell company products/services. Provides feedback to the company concerning market trends, competitive information, and new opportunities for existing/new products/services.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Secure orders from existing and new customers by means of visiting the customer’s facility and contacting by phone/email.
- Develop strong working relationships with our laboratory distributor partners.
- Maintain high visibility, high profile schedule of customer contact and follow-up.
- Establish professional customer/vendor relationship with appropriate personnel.
- Submits monthly activity reports concerning customer-related activities for quotes, orders, and problems concerning customer relationships.
- Perform Equipment Demonstrations as required, maintain and provide safekeeping of demonstration equipment.
- Maintains monthly forecasts accurately projecting current and future business.
- Identifying and sourcing new business resulting in the growth of the territory.
- Communicates to management knowledge of competitors in territory including:
- Competitive representatives
- Methods of selling and servicing
- Competitive product strengths and our responses to them
- Competitive weakness
- Administrative work including the:
- Maintenance of client information in company CRM system
- File expense reports in a complete and timely manner
- Prepare business plans for coverage of territory Establish and maintain communication with supervisor, marketing, customer support, and other inter-company personnel.
- Travel, as required, to achieve sales quota, and to meet goals and objectives set for the region. The position requires approximately 50% overnight travel.
- Continued attention to personal appearance and demeanor.
- Participate and network in local market associations in which customers participate to become a vital part of the “culture” in which the customer base exists.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with business partners.
- Effectively utilize corporate resources to maximize return on resource investment.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Must be well organized and highly motivated.
- Must be located within territory and near major airport.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the sales process.
- Ability to manage multiple sales opportunities and tasks.
- Must possess reasoning ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must be proficient in spreadsheet, word processor, and database software packages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and the metric system as well as apply mathematics to calculate discounts margins, percentages, volume etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
- Must maintain a good credit standing to accommodate business travel expenses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related science.
- Minimum three (3) years-analytical equipment sales experience.
- Any equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to walk, sit, stand and drive a vehicle for extended periods
- Occasionally lift and or move up to 50lbs
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While the functions, responsibilities, abilities and physical demands are representative of the characteristics needed or tasks encountered while performing the job, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne fumes and particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation. Noise levels in the work environment are usually moderate but may occasionally be excessive.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.