Account Manager - Rocky MountainSales | Denver, CO, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem Analytics seeks to hire a Regional Sales Representative who will direct sales within the Rocky Mountain U.S. Region to drive and grow the business. The Regional Sales Representative will provide technical, application, and sales support to the Rocky Mountain customers and selling partners. The successful candidate will have knowledge of Water Quality, Acoustic Doppler Technology, Currents, Waves, Discharge, Data Collection and Telemetry equipment and applications.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Direct Sales within Region
- Assist with development of territory sales plan
- Meet sales, profit and budget targets
- Develop and maintain relationships with influencers, distribution partners and key organizations
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales goals for supported product lines
- Attend tradeshows / conferences – assist with the setup of tradeshow booths and related materials
- Provide telephone and on-site support to customers and selling partners
- Provide equipment training and installation support
- Effectively manage expenses
- Maintains accurate sales pipeline and forecast information through company’s CRM system
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, environmental, physical or ocean sciences, and/or business degree
- Technical experience such as in a field, lab, or environmental water testing role, hydrology, oceanography and/or working with analytical instrumentation is highly desired
- Negotiation and selling skills
- Effective written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task through use of tools such as personal computer, telephones, and e-mail; and the ability to apply the knowledge of like or similar events into new situations
- Follow through on communications and responsibilities
- They will have a successful history of problem solving/solution finding, listening and understanding business and equipment related issues, and be comfortable and capable in addressing large groups of people.
- There will be at least 50% overnight travel by car and plane.
- Direct degree in biology, hydrology or oceanography
- 2 plus years of direct environmental sales experience
- Knowledge of federal, state and local bid procedures
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements; however, exposure to the elements during customer visits is expected.
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Some evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- This position requires up to 50% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.