Account Development ManagerSales | Upstate New York, United States
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire an Account Development Manager who will be responsible for direct and distribution channel sales of company products and/or services in the New York state territory. The Account Development Manager handles all aspects of sales to prospective and current customers, provides technical and administrative product information, is responsible for product presentations/demonstrations, manages the distribution channel and is responsible for all pricing and quotations. Accountable for meeting company growth objectives through new customer development and sales, growth optimization of existing accounts within the established geographic area and will be ultimately responsible for maximizing annual sales and profits,developing and implementing sales strategies, and coordinating sales efforts of local distributor channels. The primary emphasis for this role will be new account sales of 2-way wireless water AMI networks to new accounts as well as updating existing accounts to AMI.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Ability to understand the technical aspects of water measurement including electronic instrumentation and AMI networks.
- Ability to operate Microsoft Windows application, utilize Sales Force. com.
- Detailed knowledge of the water market and customers.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Availability for regular overnight travel.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience with products that are considered technical or complex.
- Sales experience in municipal, contractor or distribution markets a plus, especially with metering and AMI products.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Business Administration or Marketing required. A BS in an engineering field or equivalent is a plus.
- Must be able to travel up to 50%.
- Must be located in the territory, upstate New York.
EOE including disability and veteran