3rd Shift Production SupervisorOperations | Dubois, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire an off shift/swing shift Production Supervisor who will be responsible for administering plant management and supervisory policies at the shop floor level in order to achieve maximum utilization of people and resources to ensure high standards of product quality and worker safety. This role will work 6pm-6am, and work a 3-2-2 swing shift schedule.
As a member of the management team in the Gas Operations Group, provide leadership and structure to production teams within the organization. Responsibilities: Direct the development and implementation of activities in production areas to meet production goals, quality, and safety and cost objectives. Plan and administer procedures and budgets. Develop schedules and staffing requirements for assigned areas. Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Work with Operations team to meet production schedules and maximize internal and external customer satisfaction.
- To provide direct supervision of assembly, calibration and test departments.
- To ensure manufacturing production plans are met on a daily basis
- To ensure a quality product is being manufactured within resource/budget constraints
- To work as a part of the Sensus management team to maintain and improve people, products, and processes.
- Coordinate the daily manufacturing activities to execute production plans.
- Manufacture a quality product on time
- Promote and ensure a high level of direct report performance to standards.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all employees
- Provide security support as needed to protect company assets.
- Maintain time and attendance records
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree (Bachelor’s preferred) in Business, IE/ME, Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 4 years of direct supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- ISO experience preferred but not required.
- Consideration given to other candidates with extensive experience in lieu of educational requirements
- Working knowledge of BPCS, MMS, KRONOS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to train others
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Overtime is required, weekend overtime can be mandatory.
- Flexibility to work any shift as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Medium lifting (20-35 lbs.), manufacturing/office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office/Manufacturing floor: Standard office equipment; some work performed in an office or manufacturing environment free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours minimum
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.