Plate Frame Heat Exchangers Marine Plateflow
- More compact and efficient than shell & tube heat exchangers
- Higher surface area to volume ratios than conventional shell and tube heat exchangers
- Can achieve a temperature cross between the two fluids
- Able to obtain close temperature approaches of 2°F, or less in some cases
- Heat transfer surfaces easily accessible for cleaning and replacement.
- Max pressure 450 psig
Plate and Frame heat exchangers use a combination of gasketed chevron-style heat transfer plates sequenced inside a frame. The heat transfer plates have holes at the four corners forming a header that distribute the respective flows to the opposite sides of each plate in a countercurrent flow pattern. The fluids are confined to the heat transfer surface of the plate or the port as appropriate with elastomer gaskets. The high heat transfer rate, due to the chevron plates, and countercurrent flow pattern allow Plateflow to perform with one-third to one-fifth the surface area of a shell and tube heat exchanger. 1” to 24” connections.
Materials: 304 and 316 Stainless Steel, Titanium, SMO 254, Alloy C276, AL6XN Plates. Gaskets in Nitrile, EPDM or Viton. Other materials available upon request.
Applications: For close temperature approach of fluids for heat recovery applications. Ideal for closed circuit systems and oil cooling.