Who says you can't have the best of both worlds? Now, both the CastAway-CTD and SonTek HydroSurveyor-M9 systems are integrated with HYPACK 2016 hydrographic surveying software. What does this mean for you?
Simple and Fast. Water sound speed corrections are interpolated in both space and time with the fully integrated CastAway-CTD and HYPACK, delivering
agility and accuracy to your surveys. Bluetooth communication integrated - no cables required!
Versatility. Survey under and around bridges with two available position references – GPS and bottom track (speed over ground) with HydroSurveyor-M9.
Flexibility. Complete, compact package for measuring bathymetry and correcting sound speed from a vessel of any size.
- Sound speed integration and interpolation (with CastAway-CTD)
- Speed over ground (acoustic bottom tracking)
- 5-beam depth soundings (50° swath) with HydroSurveyor-M9 and HYPACK® Max
- Water column velocity mapping
- Automatic data gridding and interpolation
- 360° compass and two-axis tilt sensor
- Interface for customer-supplied GPS and/or heading sensor
Contact SonTek to learn more about this Hydrographic surveying solution!
INTEGRATED WITH HYPACK® The HydroSurveyor is a system designed to collect bathymetric, water column velocity profile, and acoustic bottom tracking data as part of a hydrographic survey. The two key components of the system are the HydroSurveyor Acoustic Doppler Profiler (ADP®) platform, and the powerful, yet user-friendly, data collection software. With the HydroSurveyor platform, SonTek is able to offer an exclusive 5-beam depth sounding device, with built-in navigation, full water column velocity (currents) profiling, full compensation for speed of sound (with the CastAway-CTD), and an integrated positioning solution.
Designed for coastal profiling, the CastAway-CTD® incorporates a 6-electrode conductivity cell, coupled with a fast response thermistor to provide highly accurate, high resolution CTD measurements to depths of 100 m. Now Integrated with HYPACK!
NOW AVAILABLE: The CastAway-CTD educational curriculum with emphasis on ocean chemistry for use by high school and university level instructors who wish to provide students:
- The theory behind SALINITY: why is the ocean salty and how is salinity measured?
- What is the Law of Constant Proportions and how does it apply to salinity?
- Hands-on CastAway field activity emphasizing proper scientific data collection procedures;
- Post-field work analysis of CastAway data and comparisons to global ocean temperatures and salinity data-sets available online;
- Conservative and non-conservative elements;
- Residence Time worksheet for tracers;
- and more!
>> DOWNLOAD LESSON PLAN (CastAway-CTD serial number required)