Smith-Blair 663 Tapping Sleeve
All Stainless Steel tapping sleeve.
- Easy to install
- Range helps reduce inventory
- Meets applicable AWWA C223 Standards
- Molded-in ring in the gasket to ensure effective sealing
- Nylon washers provided to improve bolt torque capability
- Heavy gauge, all-Stainless Steel body for rugged performance
- Fully chemically passivated for maximum corrosion protection
- ¾" test outlet to allow hydrostatic pressure test before tapping the pipe
- 360º seal provides maximum support and reinforcement around the pipe in case of pipe break
- Body drawn out to accept the outlet neck adding to the overall strength of the area under the most stress
Smith-Blair Tapping Sleeves consist of two sections of heavy welded steel that bolt together on the pipe and seal against a concave wedge gasket around the tap opening. The outlet half has a recessed flat-faced flange to mate with standard tapping valves MSS SP 60 up through 12-inch size-on-size. For tap sizes 14-inch and above, flanges can be furnished to accommodate the valve requirements.
Application: For tapping pipes with 4" thru 12" outlets.